Social Impact Assessment (SIA) FellowshipMercado Global
CORRAL Riding Academy Programming InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Equine InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Communications InternCORRAL Riding Academy
2017 Programs/Development InternBest Buddies North Carolina
Summer 2017 Internship with ORT America - Northeast Major GiftsORT America
Digital Marketing Intern at VoteRunLeadVoteRunLead
Graphic Design Intern at VoteRunLeadVoteRunLead
Development InternBookmark This
Easter Seals Central Texas
8505 Cross Park Drive
Posted: May 17 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCurrently, we are looking to diversify funding by increasing private foundation, individual donor, and corporate support. To achieve this ESCT is seeking a Development Intern. The intern will work directly with the Development Team to research and cultivate supporters, manage the organization’s donor, event, and volunteer databases, track and evaluate fundraising efforts, and organize events. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized and motivated individual to develop skills in nonprofit development work.
Under the direction and supervision of the Senior Development Manager and the Development Associate, the intern will be responsible for providing support as needed for fundraising, events, and stewardship.
Time Commitment: Minimum of 10 hours per week, 20 hours preferred; minimum 3 months commitment, with 6 months desirable. Start and end dates may vary depending on availability of the intern.
Compensation: This is an unpaid position but ESCT staff will ensure that all school credit requirements are met. This position offers excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects and can result in great references.
Responsibilities• Assist with volunteer management using Givepulse volunteer management software
• Assist with grant management under the supervision of Development staff
• Editing, pulling stock documents, and organizing documents and reports
• Maintain paper and electronic files in development office
• Duplicate and collate materials; generate mailing labels via mail merge
• Assist with donor database
• Tasks include data entry, tracking and reporting
• Help with event logistics with volunteers/staff
• Support our annual Dia de los Muertos Music Festival with event logistics including contracts, vendor management, entertainment coordination, volunteer recruitment and training, and participate in committee meetings as able
• Support our annual Gala fundraiser silent and live auctions; by using auction management software to track and record all auction solicitations, and reaching each out to potential auction donors and soliciting in-kind donations
• Help prepare for committee meetings by arranging for meeting space, managing room set-up and equipment, and recording minutes as requested
• Meet Internship performance goals set by Development management
• Other duties as assigned by staff members
Requirements*No prior knowledge of nonprofit database software required.
An ideal Candidate must
• Be responsible, flexible, hard-working, ethical, and committed to the mission of ESCT
• Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail-oriented
• Prior office experience a plus, but not required
• Possess solid oral and written communication skills
• Be able to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects
• Possess an interest in a nonprofit career
• Consent to a background check and TB Test