Communications/Social Media InternThe Police Reform Organizing Project
Outreach/Fundraising InternThe Police Reform Organizing Project
Development InternshipAmerican Diabetes Association
Students Summer Intern (Church - Youth Ministry)Vail Christian Church
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING STUDENT INTERNChildren's Bureau
FAMILY ASSESSMENT FORM (FAF) INTERN/ SOCIAL ENTERPRISEChildren's Bureau
Make-A-Wish Arizona Volunteer Services Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
Make-A-Wish Arizona Corporate Development Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
Development Intern - Spring / Summer 2017Bookmark This
National MS Society
950 E. Paces Ferry Road, NE, Suite 110
Posted: November 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe National MS Society helps each person affected by MS in our area address the challenges of living with MS. We help by raising funds for cutting-edge research, driving change through advocacy, facilitating professional education and providing programs and services that empower people with MS and their families to move their lives forward. The Georgia Chapter of the National MS Society was chartered in April 1953 and currently serves clients in the 159 counties of Georgia. With the help of hundreds of volunteers and supporters; the chapter raises more than $2 million annually from events such as the Bike MS: Cox Atlanta Ride and our eight Walk MS events.
The Development Department of the National MS Society seeks interns for the Spring 2017 and Summer 2017 seasons to assist on various Special Events in our office. Primarily reporting to the Director of Special Events, the Special Events and Development Intern will work closely with the Development Managers on the upcoming Walk MS and Bike MS events in the state of Georgia. Interns will get to experience the full-scope of planning and executing events, from securing donations to logistical arrangements and day of preparations.
• Assist the National Multiple Sclerosis Society's Development and Special Events Departments with key tasks including logistics related to season specific fundraising events such as Walk MS and the Bike MS Rides
• Preparation and composition of professional documents for department presentations
• Maintaining open lines of communication between key personnel, vendors, volunteers, and event participants
• Assist in recruitment of participants for Walk MS and Bike MS events
• Secure in-kind donations for Walk MS and Bike MS
• Work with the Development Managers on volunteer recruitment for Walk MS and Bike MS
• Answer phones, respond to emails and perform other office related tasks as assigned
• Internship applicants must be 18 years of age or older and currently enrolled in college-level courses at an accredited university.
• Applicants should have an interest in the following areas: non-profit fundraising, special events, marketing or non-profit administration
• Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel are required as is proper phone etiquette
• All applicants should be capable of working in a small team environment and be willing to work the events that fall during their internship period, which may be on the weekend from time-to-time.
*This is an unpaid internship which will meet the internship guidelines set forth by the National Association for Colleges and Employers (NACE)