Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
Development InternshipBookmark This
110 16th Street Suite 406
Posted: October 18 2016
Application Deadline: December 9, 2016
Position: Part-time, Paid
Timeframe: 01/09/17 — 04/07/17
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWish of a Lifetime (WOL) is a nonprofit based in Denver, CO whose mission is to shift the way society views and values our oldest generations by fulfilling seniors’ dreams and sharing their stories to inspire those of all ages. These meaningful experiences connect seniors with the passions, people, and purpose that bring meaning and joy to life. Wish of a Lifetime strives to engage the community in supporting and celebrating these amazing seniors, and contributing to the accomplishment of their lifelong dreams.
WOL offers both academic and non-academic internships. Internships provide the opportunity to engage in meaningful nonprofit work through WOL’s communications department.
Responsibilities• Assist with planning/execution phases of one or more of the organization’s four major annual fundraising campaigns - Valentine’s Day, Annual Gala, 14er4aSenior, End of Year
• Solicit in-kind donations for events
• Work in donor database to pull reports and update donor data
• Assist with creating written materials for stewardship outreach
• Stewardship calls to donors, thanking them for their support
• Research new grant opportunities
• Collaborate with Development team to write grant applications
• Assist with planning and implementation of individual donor campaign(s)
• Work with Development team to develop and print collateral for fundraising campaigns
• Assist other departments as needed
• Interns receive a stipend of approx. $166 per month for the three-month internship, intended to defray expenses associated with the volunteer internship
• All positions are based in Denver, Colorado
• Some flexibility for working offsite is available
• Internships typically run for 12 weeks and are concurrent with the academic schedules of Colorado institutions of higher learning. WOL attempts to be flexible with internship scheduling.
• Accommodations will be made for holidays and academic and/or work schedules
• Interns are expected to follow the WOL Intern/Volunteer handbook and are responsible for fulfilling the time commitment as noted
• Interns are expected to fulfill a minimum of 16 hours per week and a total of 200 hours throughout the course of the internship
• Interns are responsible for their own transportation, parking and housing
Requirements• Knowledge of the non-profit sector, either through coursework, volunteerism or employment experience.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to confidently and clearly communicate information verbally and in writing.
• The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with information that will be obtained in daily interactions.
• Proficiency in all MS Office programs with an emphasis on MS Word, Excel, and internet research tools.
• Some volunteer experience preferred, although not required
SkillsRequired - Fundraisers, Event Management, Writing Skills
Preferred - Non-profit Volunteer