Office AdministratorA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Fine Arts / Gallery InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Marketing and Social Media InternFriends of Fort Point Channel
Graphic Design InternRockhaven Group, LLC
Unpaid Intern - Latin AmericaIFES
Paid Intern - Human ResourcesIFES
Sumer AssociateDemocracy Works
Grant Writing/Development InternGateway Counseling Center, Inc.
Fundraising InternshipBookmark This
Shoal Creek Conservancy
701 West 7th Street
Posted: December 14 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Shoal Creek Conservancy (www.shoalcreekconservancy.org)is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established in 2013 with the mission of restoring, protecting and enhancing the ecological, social and cultural vibrancy of Shoal Creek for the people of Austin, Texas by engaging the public and partnering with the community. We seek to achieve this mission through activities that maintain and improve the Shoal Creek trail and greenway; enhance the public's enjoyment of the Creek; and restore the watershed. Shoal Creek is the city's oldest trail and extends for approximately four miles through the heart of Austin, Texas.
Shoal Creek Conservancy seeks an extremely organized, strong writer that is interested in learning more about nonprofit fundraising and development. This person would work closely with the Executive Director and assist with fundraising and other tasks. The position is available to undergraduate or graduate as well as recent graduates.
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires a minimum semester/summer commitment
Hours: At least 15 hours a week, preferably two to three times a week in the office
Stipend: $1,000 per semester/summer
Please send a cover letter and resume to Joanna Wolaver at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in the Conservancy.
Responsibilities● Assist with donor relations, including preparing thank you letters
● Assist with donor database management
● Work with Development Coordinator and Executive Director to draft grant proposal and reports
● Research and create a database of new funding prospects, including foundation, corporate
and government grant programs
● Assist with planning of major fundraising events
● Work with other staff to develop materials to use for fundraising effort and pursue strategies
to grow the membership of the Conservancy
● Assist with day-to-day administrative tasks as needed
Requirements● Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
● Experience with nonprofit development work, grant writing a plus, but not necessary
● Desire to learn about nonprofit fundraising and management
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Highly organized and able to manage multiple ongoing projects
● Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office products
● Enthusiasm for the Conservancy’s mission