Special Events SpecialistThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Events & Outreach InternshipEmpowered Women International
Marketing and Communications InternEmpowered Women International
Program and Outreach Intern - FairfaxEmpowered Women International
2017 Summer InternshipLife Adventure Center
Social Media CoordinatorAlert Inc.
Workforce Development (Employment Specialist) InternCitizens Development Center dba Achieve
Case Manager InternCitizens Development Center dba Achieve
DEVELOPMENT MARKETING INTERNBookmark This
Warrick Dunn Charities
10 Peachtree Place, NE
Posted: January 22 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Development Marketing Intern position focuses on planning and implementation of strategic marketing programs and cohesive communications campaigns to support the mission and outreach for Warrick Dunn Charities (WDC). The Development Marketing Intern is responsible for learning and developing campaigns with key emphasis on execution of strategic and targeted promotions/communications/publicity - whether digital, social, mobile, or events - from creative development through implementation and analysis/reporting. In addition, he/she is responsible for supporting the visual identity and brand messaging to ensure that it is consistent and promotes WDC to the general public and existing/potential partners in a manner that appeals to varied audiences. This position requires creativity, leadership, time- management expertise, ethical standards and judgment, flexibility, initiative, excellent written grammar and strong verbal skills.
ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Identify and develop new opportunities
• Research and activate community and corporate partnership opportunities
• Develop PR and marketing communications plan
• Create targeted campaigns based on CRM profiles
• Manage media relations and external communications
• Prioritize publication and speaking-engagement opportunities
• Research, develop and manage social media strategies and accounts to include but not
limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and Wordpress
• Work collaboratively with program managers and third party agencies
• Design and manage content for e-communications, web, and social media
• Optimize web presence using Search Engine Optimization
• Stay on top of digital trends, new technologies and tactics online, in mobile, tablet and social
• Review and distribute media alerts, news releases
• Develop marketing collateral and proposals
• Coordinate events and public relations efforts for WDC in coordination with staff
• Create PowerPoint and Prezis for internal and external presentations
• Write creative briefs to guide design of marketing elements
• Other duties as assigned
• Preferred majors: Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or Journalism)
• Demonstrate professionalism, initiative, problem solving, and event planning
• Proficient in Mac and/or MS Office applications
• Ability to use graphic design programs specifically Photoshop, PowerPoint and
InDesign or multi-media skills (i.e. Flash, video and audio editing) a huge plus, not
• Familiarity with social media, blogging and new media
• Willingness to travel as requested
• Attend occasional after-hours business events and networking functions
• Stay abreast of media trends, political and local community initiatives related to WDC
RequirementsExcellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills. Proactive and results-driven, with strong project management and organizational skills. Flexible and able to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Keen attention to detail. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Adobe graphic design applications. Familiarity with HTML coding or willingness to learn. Proficient use and understanding of social media networks.
This position reports to the Executive Director and/or Program Coordinator.
Send cover letter, resume and two (2) samples of your work.