Social Media InternshipSchools for Girls
Summer InternsCommon Cause
Office ManagerA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Marketing InternGirls Empowered Mentored and Supported
Mobilizations InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Communications and Development InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
US Outreach InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Operations, Outreach and Social Media InternshipAmman Imman: Water is Life
Development Membership Services AssistantBookmark This
The Electrochemical Society
South Main Street
Posted: June 11 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionECS is an international, nonprofit organization dedicated to the advancement of the theory and practice of electrochemistry and solid-state science and technology. ECS encourages research and dissemination of knowledge in these fields; and assures the availability of adequate training and education of fundamental and applied scientists and engineers in these fields.
The Development & Membership Services Assistant will work alongside department staff to assist in the daily operations and functions of membership services. This intern will assist in accomplishing projects specific to departmental goals. To allow the intern to learn and understand the full business operations at ECS, he/she will have an opportunity to meet with leaders from other departmental areas.
ESSENTIAL LEARNING FUNCTIONS
1. Manages in the transition of membership records to electronic files.
2. Provides support with departmental administrative functions.
3. Assists with the development of resources for student chapters and sections.
4. Collaborates with essential ECS staff to accomplish assigned tasks.
5. Other duties and projects as assigned.
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
1. To develop professionalism and administrative skills in an office environment.
2. To increase knowledge of organizational development and membership practices.
3. To increase analytical and written communication skills
4. To increase and/or strengthen database management skills.
RequirementsPREREQUISITES FOR THE JOB
1. Education and/or experience: Pursing Bachelor’s degree in business management, communications or related field.
2. High attention to detail.
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
4. Strong skill set with the utilization of technology.
5. Enthusiastic with an ability to work as an integral member of a team.
6. Must be reliable and self-motivated.