Volunteer Recruitment/Management InternPark Silly Sunday Market
New Projects Internship- FALL 2017International Institute of Akron
Refugee Resettlement Internship- FALL 2017International Institute of Akron
Volunteer Coordination Internship- FALL 2017International Institute of Akron
Organizing InternMove to Amend
Intern/Project Assistant: ASIA (Burma/Monitoring and Evaluation)NDI
Intern/Project Assistant: ASIANDI
Safety and Security InternDavid A Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts
Development & Special Events AssistantBookmark This
Professional Opportunities Program for Students, Inc.
4401 Vineland Rd.Suite a-10
Posted: September 07 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
To provide personal and professional development for teenagers who face social and economic barriers that impact the quality of their lives
To provide at risk high school students with the knowledge, experience and support necessary to complete high school, pursue a post-secondary experience and find gainful employment
This position will assist in logistics and planning of all programming activities.
• Conduct in-depth research on funding possibilities for programs and initiatives
• Contribute significantly to source identification, feasibility analysis, and the proposal drafting process
• Assist with development of program specific grant proposals
• Perform grant writing, grant management, funding opportunity research and resource research
• Assist in analyzing strategic fundraising plans
• Solicit donations through letters, phone, email and in-person communications
• Assist with planning and implementation of fundraising events
• Assist in preparing and gathering materials for events
• Responsibility for a special project
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Advanced computer skills and extensive knowledge of Microsoft office Suite.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle confidential information.
• Must pass national background check.
• Valid Florida Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
• Commitment to POPS mission.
• Ability to work independently
• Dependable and punctual team player
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.