Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
Development/Office InternBookmark This
511 N Akard St.
Posted: April 28 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCitySquare is a non-profit that fights the causes and effects of poverty through service, advocacy, and friendship. CitySquare's Development Associate Intern(s) will gain experience in fundraising, communication, special event planning, and volunteer management in a busy social service agency environment. The Development Department is a team of seven that manages fundraising efforts through communication and marketing (internal and external,) social media, direct mail, grants, donor relations, volunteers, and special events. We are looking for an intern who will jump in and gain experience in all of these areas. It's a fast-paced and fun environment where no two days look alike. No boring "coffee run" internships here! The Development Associate Intern is expected to adhere to CitySquare's confidentiality agreement and intern code of conduct.
Responsibilities- Coordinating volunteer activities and assisting Donor and Volunteer Manager as needed
- Creating materials, signage, and assisting Manager of Communications as needed
- Creating and managing event and RSVP list
- Assisting with the creation of event materials
- Interviewing neighbors and/or taking photos for newsletters and social media
- Contacting event vendors for quotes and event orders
- Maintaining event files and records
- Interacting with staff, partners, and quests in a professional manner
-Other duties assigned
Requirements- Perform well in environment that values leadership, efficiency, dependability, and organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Ability to communicate at all levels with internal/external clients by phone, email and face to face
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- A positive attitude with good organizational, presentation and writing skills
- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree or equivalent education