Unpaid Intern - Latin AmericaIFES
Paid Intern - Human ResourcesIFES
Sumer AssociateDemocracy Works
Grant Writing/Development InternGateway Counseling Center, Inc.
Events & Development InternshipAdaptive Sports Center of Crested Butte
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Make-A-Wish Arizona Wish Granting Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
Donations InternBookmark This
International Rescue Committee
2305 Parklake Drive, Suite 100
Posted: March 05 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities to restore safety, dignity and hope, the IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC in Atlanta office was established in 1979 and has resettled over 21,000 refugees from nearly 50 countries into the Greater Atlanta area. As the largest refugee resettlement agency in Georgia, the IRC in Atlanta resettles an average of 800 refugees into Georgia annually and provides additional services and assistance to another 1,500 refugees and asylees.
SCOPE OF DONATIONS INTERN WORK: This internship is located within the Resource Development Department, whose purpose is to establish strong mutually beneficial connections between the community and the IRC-Atlanta office in order to garner monetary, in-kind and volunteer resources for refugee clients. The Donations Coordination Intern will work closely with the Donations Coordinator towards these goals in order to enhance the Resource Development Program.
Responsibilities• Help refugee clients to receive in-kind goods via the Resettlement Shop
• Receive and organize in-kind donations
• Track in-kind donations in both donor database and client files
• Assist with outreach and recruitment efforts to community groups, students, and other organizations
• Work with the Donations Coordinator to update client files with volunteer and resources information
• Assist with activities related to volunteer recruitment, training, and retention
• Provide direct service to refugee clients as needed by the Donations Coordinator
• Assist with donations pickup as needed.
• Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and special staff development programs
Requirements• An interest in international and refugee issues
• Effective communication and writing skills
• Attention to detail a must
• Excellent organizational skills
• Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects
• A strong desire to help people and enthusiasm to work in a multi-cultural setting
• Prior experience in a non-profit setting a plus
• Prior relevant coursework preferred
For more information or to apply, please contact Hayat Nawd, Volunteer Coordinator, at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928. To learn more about us, please visit the IRC website at www.Rescue.org/Atlanta
(US applicants only)