Spring 2016 Development InternThe New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund
Marketing InternToothbrushes for Toddlers
Public Speaking Outreach AssistantThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Nonprofit Management Intern (non-residency)Helpers Of Our Farm
Marketing InternAdaptive Sports Center
Social Media and Communications InternshipGrassroots Diabetes
Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Kindah Foundation, Inc.
Posted: November 18 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Girls Rising Collective™ Foundation, Inc., is a recognized 501(c)(3) global nonprofit philanthropy organization.
Our aim is to make education, awareness, mentorship, resources, and skills training accessible for tomorrow’s generation by empowering minority women and girls within the diaspora with the tools necessary to achieve their highest aspirations.
Our quarterly magazine and monthly newsletter highlight local business women achievement, stories, inspiration, empowerment etc.
We are looking for 3 hard working, career-oriented and competitive interns to join our team to work directly with the founder and publisher.
The ideal candidate will be a junior/senior at a university who's career goals are focused on the BUSINESS of fashion, art, or entertainment. This internship will give you experience in marketing, public relations, event planning, editorial and management. You will be presented with assignments in each area in a timely manner to give you hands on experience and build your portfolio during your internship.
Our goal is for you to have a strong body of work and a published portfolio by the end of the semester. The strongest candidate will be offered the opportunity to join our team.
It's possible interns may receive press passes to events and participate in phone or in-person interviews with reggae, Hip Hop, R&B artists, actors, athletes, models, business owners, or other cultural personalities.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copy editing, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
-Organizing submitted tips, press releases, and event invites
-Researching for individuals to cover in the magazine
-Communicating with editorial team
-Reaching out to show rooms, PR agencies and designers to provide and style clothing for photo shoots
-Research for potential partnerships
-study demographic details and report statistics
-social media and email campaigns
-Conceptualizing new event series
-Assisting with release party planning
-Blogging & Trend Reporting
-Assisting with advertising and other clients
1. Copy edit/proofread and at least 2 articles a week
2. Conduct searches to identify images to accompany articles
3. Load content into WordPress and ensure it is working properly
4. Assist with publishing of a monthly newsletter, including writing of brief blurbs about each featured article and putting the newsletter together in our Email Service Provider software (currently Constant Contact)
Requirements-YOU MUST BE IN USA. This internship is listed as virtual because you will be doing a bulk of your work virtually but you MUST be able to attend interview if requested in (Houston, Florida, Miami, Atlanta, New York) or locally in your area.
-Must have at least a 3.0 GPA and in good standing at your college/university
-Must have access to a computer, preferably a laptop or tablet to bring along to meetings
-Must be able to check email daily
-Must be organized and able to prioritize work
-Must be a self started and comfortable working independently and in teams
-Must be able to commit to at least 15-20 hours per week
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree or higher in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus