Online fundraisingA WAY OF HAPPINESS EDUCATIONAL SOCIETY
Volunteer-Intern at Shamanic Eco-Lodge HawaiiMuaisa Hale Pule ("As I Aum" Sanctuary)
MAKE-A-WISH HAWAII DATABASE MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIPMake-A-Wish Hawaii
MAKE-A-WISH HAWAII OFFICE MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIPMake-A-Wish Hawaii
MAKE-A-WISH HAWAII VOLUNTEER OUTREACH INTERNSHIPMake-A-Wish Hawaii
MAKE-A-WISH HAWAII DONOR CARE, GRANTS & DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIPSMake-A-Wish Hawaii
MAKE-A-WISH HAWAII EVENTS INTERNSHIPMake-A-Wish Hawaii
MAKE-A-WISH HAWAII WISH ASSIST INTERNSHIPMake-A-Wish Hawaii
Education InternBookmark This
10495 Santa Monica Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: October 27 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Anti-Defamation League, founded in 1913, is one of the nation's premier human relations and civil rights agencies and is dedicated to combating anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry, defending democratic ideals, and protecting civil rights for all.
The Education Intern will work closely with the professional staff of a dynamic civil rights and human relations organization. The Education Intern will gain firsthand knowledge about diversity, anti-bias and bullying prevention education through assisting with community outreach and creating project and materials to further ADL’s educational priorities. The Education Intern will also attend and help organize at least one major community event in the general Los Angeles community.
(1) Assist in the scientific evaluation of education programs and related, necessary follow-up with clients.
(2) Design outreach and marketing strategy and materials for ADL’s A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE® Institute anti-bias and bullying prevention programs with an emphasis on reaching new communities.
(3) Create content (including blogs and teaching materials) for ADL’s A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE® Institute and Education Division.
(4) Conduct outreach to educators and communities on behalf of ADL’s A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE® Institute and Holocaust Education Institute.
Responsibilities• Create blogs and educational materials to enhance the work of ADL’s Education Division including the A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE® Institute.
• Shadow ADL’s A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE® Institute Project Director and other designated colleagues to gain real-world work experience in community based education and outreach.
• Conduct outreach to organizations in the Jewish and non-Jewish community (with an emphasis on engaging new persons in ADL’s educational work).
• Assist with program evaluation, including tabulation and interpretation of results to be communicated to clients.
• Participate in Division, Department and Regional Office meetings, as appropriate.
• Provide administrative assistance as needed.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Requirements• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Competent in basic research, including literature reviews.
• Ability to demonstrate commitment to ADL’s mission, vision and values.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Prior volunteer or work experience strongly preferred.
• Approximately 14-21 hours per week (two-three full work days) with some evening/weekend work.