Family Services Summer InternRonald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest
PAID Internship Summer 2017 - Event Fundraising for Child Sponsorship Organization!Charity Advertising & Marketing Partners
Social Impact Assessment (SIA) FellowshipMercado Global
CORRAL Riding Academy Programming InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Equine InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Communications InternCORRAL Riding Academy
2017 Programs/Development InternBest Buddies North Carolina
Edward M. Kennedy Institute Education & Visitor Experience InternshipBookmark This
210 Morrissey Blvd
Posted: March 20 2017
Application Deadline: May 5, 2017
Position: 15 Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 05/15/17 — 08/15/17
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSenator Kennedy believed that each person possesses the power to effect positive change within his or her community. Through this internship program, the Institute aims to further the Senator’s legacy of service by developing a team of passionate and engaged interns to work directly with the Institute’s Education and Visitor Experience team.
While engaging collaboratively with fellow interns as well as with volunteers, part-time, and full-time staff interns will enhance the visitor experience and communicate the Institute’s mission: The Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate is dedicated to educating the public about the important role of the Senate in our government, encouraging participatory democracy, invigorating civil discourse, and inspiring the next generation of citizens and leaders to engage in the civic life of their communities.
How to Apply:
• Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate “Intern Application” in the subject line
• The deadline for Summer 2017 applications is May 5th, 2017. Applications will be accepted thereafter on a case-by-case basis.
• This is an unpaid position and is not eligible for benefits or unemployment compensation.
ResponsibilitiesIntern responsibilities may include:
• Greet visitors and orient them to the Institute
• Act as exhibit interpreters, providing background information and historical detail as reflected in the Institute’s exhibits
• Assist visitors as they interact with the Institute’s exhibits using state-of-the-art digital technology
• Engage visitors in the Institute’s mission
• Help to guide visiting groups - including middle and high school students, university students, government officials, families, tourist groups, and members of the general public - as they experience life as a “Senator-in-Training”
• Support Institute special events and public programs
• Complete tasks to ensure success of programs led by the Education and Visitor Experience team
In addition to meeting the responsibilities outlined above, interns will be required to identify specific educational objectives. These educational objectives are met through an individual project proposed by the intern and presented at the end of their internship. Prior to the conclusion of their internship period, interns will be asked to present a written or oral report showcasing their objectives and how these were addressed and/or achieved.
Interns are required to commit to at least two (4)-hour shifts, per week are - including one weekend shift - in addition to initial volunteer orientation and ongoing volunteer training/enrichment sessions
Intern program dates generally correspond to the academic semester schedule in the fall and spring. Summer internship dates are mid-May to late August. Start and end dates may be arranged on an individual basis in accordance with an intern’s particular academic schedule provided said schedule corresponds with the timeframes outlined above.
• Relevant experience in customer service, education, and/or history strongly preferred
• Superior interpersonal skills, friendly, welcoming attitude
• Flexibility performing various roles
• Outgoing personality, with the ability to interact with a diverse group of visitors
• Applicants Enthusiasm for/interest in:
o Civic education and civic engagement;
o Political Science;
o Public Policy;
o Customer Service;
o Public Speaking;
o Museum Studies;
o Digital Media Technology;
o Theater; and/or
o Honoring and furthering the legacy of Senator Edward M. Kennedy