Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Public Relations InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Graphic Design InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Emergency Preparedness Education in Schools InternBookmark This
2803 St. Philip Street
New Orleans, LA
Posted: October 06 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEvacuteer.org seeks to expand the implementation of our EvacuKids youth outreach program through partnerships with local college students. Interns will be trained to lead the EvacuKids curriculum, then will partner with local elementary schools to teach the six-part EvacuKids program, expanding our outreach and awareness initiatives exponentially!
Interns will work closely with the Program and Volunteer Manager to train and evaluate the EvacuKids curriculum. You will have the opportunity to engage with underserved youth in local schools, while providing valuable lessons on hurricane preparedness, risk literacy, and general information on weather and climate change issues affecting us here on the Gulf Coast. Interns will also positively impact these youth by serving as a role model and an example of what their future might be like if they go to college!
Responsibilities- Assist in the selection of partner schools in accordance with Evacuteer.org's guidelines to ensure that the program is targeting under-served youth.
- Conduct six one-hour lessons during a span of 6-8 weeks.
- Excel in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Gather feedback from participants to then compile into a final impact report at the end of the program.
Requirements- Possess outreach and education experience, preferably with youth ages 8-11.
- Well-versed in both PowerPoint and Word.
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and partnership, and include roles that call for imagination.
- Believe in the right of all human beings to be treated with dignity and respect in a mandatory evacuation scenario, and be aligned with Evacuteer.org's mission and goals.
SkillsRequired - Writing Skills, Public Speaking, Youth Mentoring, Organization Skills
Preferred - Disaster Preparedness, Teaching Experience