*** SEEKING INTERNS FOR ORGANIC FARM & HEALING CENTER ***Healing Farm
Social Media InternshipSchools for Girls
Summer InternsCommon Cause
Office ManagerA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Marketing InternGirls Empowered Mentored and Supported
Mobilizations InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Communications and Development InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
US Outreach InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Employment Services InternBookmark This
3895 Church Street
Posted: July 13 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFriends of Refugees is a community-based organization committed to the uplift of the many refugees who have moved to the Atlanta area. We offer 8 different programs related to their development as new Americans among us. Our refugee neighbors have emerged as a resilient and loyal workforce for the U.S. employers that hire them. But the process of finding and keeping employment is a challenge to them because of language and cultural barriers, lack of formal education, and lack of employment literacy. Café Clarkston, Friends of Refugees’ employment support and job literacy program, helps to bridge those gaps by providing quality employment support services, soft-skill trainings, networking opportunities, technological assistance, and job development and job placement services.
The Employment Services intern works with Café Clarkston to help refugees and immigrants find work to sustain their families, and to develop their skills and networks for increased employment opportunities.
Responsibilities• Educate clients in job search process and orient them to Café Clarkston
• Create resumes by working one-on-one with clients
• Assist clients in filling out online and paper applications
• Research potential employers and job possibilities
• Prepare clients for job interviews
• Accompany clients to job interviews and employment orientations
• Teach basic email and computer-based communication skills
• Manage cafe information, including the Zoho Recruit client database, resume updates, email, and social media including the Café Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube channel.
• Assist in running JobReady orientation program
Requirements• Strong interest in working with international clients.
• Proficiency with resume writing and employment related activities
• Proven ability to work with consideration and respect for cross-cultural differences
• Ability to communicate with English as a Second Language speakers
• Excellent organization skills
• Ability to work independently
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs and internet research
• Enthusiasm for helping people to learn
• Demonstrated professionalism
• Must have a valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Applicant Tracking Systems, Dropbox, Email Management
Preferred - Information Technology, Teaching English as a Second Language, Arabic, Christian Leadership, Global Human Resources Management