Spring 2016 Development InternThe New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund
Marketing InternToothbrushes for Toddlers
Public Speaking Outreach AssistantThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Nonprofit Management Intern (non-residency)Helpers Of Our Farm
Marketing InternAdaptive Sports Center
Social Media and Communications InternshipGrassroots Diabetes
Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Engagement Intern – Winter 2017 (January - May 2017)Bookmark This
Boston Center for the Arts
539 Tremont Street
Posted: August 02 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis is the perfect opportunity for those seeking experience in programming, outreach and audience development and retention. Working closely with the Associate Director of Engagement, the intern will gain valuable experience in creating and implementing programs and strategies to engage new and diverse audiences.
The intern will also provide support in the Mills Gallery and be expected to work one shift in the evening or weekends greeting and enhancing visitor experiences. Total 12-15 hours/week including weekend and evening events.
Working closely with the Associate Director of Engagement the intern will:
• Assist with the execution of outreach plan with the Associate Director of Engagement
• Play a leadership role among the intern cohort in the conception, planning and execution of College Night engagement activities
• Provide program support for BCA Social Hours
• Assist Engagement Department in evaluation and capture and hold strategies for audience cultivation
• Greet and engage visitors in content of the gallery
• Open and close gallery
• Assist with other departmental tasks, as needed
• Current student or recent grad studying studio art, art history, arts administration or related field
• Interested in learning more about arts programming and community engagement
• Creative, out-of-the box thinker
• Problem solver
• Strong writing skills
• Able to work independently
• Willing to take on a shared responsibility for the success of the BCA’s programs
• Strong leadership skills
This is an unpaid internship. Interns can arrange academic credit through their educational institution.
How to apply: Please send a cover letter outlining your interest and a resume to email@example.com. Include your name and “Engagement Internship” in the subject line. Applicants are encouraged to apply by Friday, June 10, 2016 for the fall 2016 semester.
Position is open until filled.