Marketing & Communications InternTyler Robinson Foundation Inc.
Camp CounselorCamp Coyote
Virtual Interns for Public CharityFalkos Espinosa Charitable Trust
Junior Tennis Outreach Program CoordinatorRaleigh Tennis Association
Social Media InternsT.H.A.N.K.S. - The Helping A Needy Kid Society
Healthcare InternWinning the Battles In Your Mind Inc
Public Relations InternWinning the Battles In Your Mind Inc
Marketing InternWinning the Battles In Your Mind Inc
Special Events InternBookmark This
Posted: December 14 2015
Company Location: Charlotte, NC
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLydia’s Legacy is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based on Charlotte, NC. This position will contribute to the mission of Lydia's Legacy which is to raise awareness of gynecologic cancers through education and fund gynecologic cancer research through donation. The Special Events Intern will support Lydia’s Legacy in organizing and managing event logistics for our annual fundraising and special events. This includes assistance with volunteer management, auction item coordination, mailings and data entry tasks as needed in relation to special events.
• Minimum of one year of work, volunteer or educational experience in relation to office administration, event coordination or customer service skills, preferably working for a non-profit.
• Demonstrated project management skills and event coordination desired.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and work autonomously.
• Previous event and coordination experience desired.
• Experience with Word and Excel required. Willing to learn new software applications as needed.
• Accurate, detail oriented and responsible.
• A personal interest in and/or connection to the mission of Lydia’s Legacy
Additional position information:
• This position is part-time, unpaid, and flexible. There is some flexibility with regard to hours worked.
• Some evening and weekend hours are required for meetings and events
• There is an expectation to attend special events, committee meetings and membership meetings when needed.
• Maintain inventory and assist in creating and maintaining packing lists for event supplies.
• Photocopying, filing, and other administrative tasks as needed
• Enter and update entries in the Lydia’s Legacy Database (Trailblazer) as required
• Generate corporate sponsorship requests & acknowledgements
• Assist with maintaining event documentation, take and distribute meeting minutes
• Solicit & track bids for services, maintain all details for vendors & services
• Help recruit, communicate with and maintain volunteer & special event committees
• Solicit & track all in-kind donations for fundraising events
• Assist in the coordination of packing all event supplies & materials as needed to ensure a successful event
• On site logistics as needed for special events - assist in ensuring assigned event logistics are flowing and help troubleshoot issues day of event
• Assist in all event logistics as they apply, including pre & post-planning and wrap up, on- site management, silent & live auction management, registration and follow up.
* Must be outgoing, friendly and organized
* Must have proven experience supporting or leading fundraising events, parties, etc.
* Must be familiar with google docs, Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.
* Must have access to phone and computer to be able to assist remotely (where outside of Charlotte, NC)
* Must be able to work regular schedule part-time
* Must be a self-starter and able to work with little day to day guidance
* Major in business, hospitality or related field is recommended
SkillsRequired - Social Media, Event Planning, Non-profit Volunteer, Computer
Preferred - Business Administration, Charity Events, Event Coordination