Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Public Relations InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Graphic Design InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Executive Affairs InternBookmark This
Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute
1128 16 Street NW
Posted: July 06 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
CHCI seeks a bright, motivated college student or recent graduate to provide essential assistance to the Executive Affairs team. This is an excellent opportunity to further a career in the nonprofit sector. CHCI internships provide interns with hands-on experience in the organization's mission of developing the next generation of Latino leaders, while honing their own leadership skills and making important career development connections.
The Executive Affairs Intern will be assisting in the day to day operations of the Executive Affairs Department.
Executive Affairs Intern
• Reports to Senior Manager, Executive Affairs and Board Liaison.
• Provides administrative support to Senior Manager, Executive Affairs and Board Liaison on matters related to the executive affairs of the organization, including but not limited to telephone coverage, mail handling, processing of letters/correspondence, invoice/expense reporting, timesheets, database management,
Assist Sr. Manager in the prep work for CEO advance work, travel, lodging, and other logistics, etc.
• Provides administrative support to Senior Manager, Executive Affairs and Board Liaison on matters related to the board and advisory council, including but not limited to making copies of meeting materials for members, doing Hill drops for congressional members, arranging material for meetings and conference calls, etc.
• Provides administrative and logistical support to the Sr. Manager & Board Liaison on CHCI’s Hispanic Heritage Month Events (September 2016) for the Executive Affairs Department.
• Conducts research for the development bios for board members according to region, sector and area of expertise.
• Supports the maintenance of the Executive Affairs Department database including updating, classifying, and extracting information; conducts online research for former board/advisory council members contact information.
• Practices effective organization for administrative tasks including but not limited to filing, emailing, mailing, copying, faxing, phone, and mail inquiries.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Completed - or working toward - college degree
• Strong computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook and PowerPoint) required
• Strong working knowledge Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop) preferred
• Some working knowledge and some proficiency in databases management preferred
• Ability to exercise discretion when handling confidential records
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, required
• Must be a self-starter and independent; understands the need and attention for details
• Good logistical and organizational skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Previous internship or related experience is a plus
• Enthusiasm for the mission of CHCI