Mother's Resource Coordinator Intern To Begin ASAPHOPE Farm
Volunteer Coordinator Intern To Begin ASAPHOPE Farm
Marketing and Social Media InternFriends of Fort Point Channel
Fall 2016 Programs & Outreach InternshipOrganization for Autism Research
Membership & Development Internship, Spring 2017International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum
Intern, Volunteer, and OPT Opportunities for International StudentsChanging The Present
Community Development and Signature Event InternGirl Scouts of the Jersey Shore
Programs InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Executive Assistant for Haitian non-profitBookmark This
Konbit Mizik Corp.
Posted: November 10 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionKonbit Mizik Request for Unpaid Internship
Konbit - (n. Haitian Creole) The act of the community coming together to achieve a common purpose or goal.
Mizik - (n. Haitian Creole) Music.
Konbit Mizik is a NYS 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Our mission is to harness the universal power of music to educate, empower, and uplift Haitiʼs most vulnerable youth.
Benefits of position include opportunities to:
- Learn real business administrative and programmatic skills running a non-profit organization
- Network in the US and international music industries
- Form cross-sector collaborations with governmental, private, and non-profit organizations
- Work closely with the Executive Director for potential career advancement
- 5-8 hours per week (on-site and remotely)
ResponsibilitiesPrimary responsibilities include:
- Calendar & task management
- Donor base management and maintenance
- Assist with fundraising events in NYC area
- Assist with social media marketing and website maintenance
- Liaison with media outlets, PR & marketing
- Assist with organizational accounting and bookkeeping
- Manage and filter the general email box
RequirementsAlthough we don't ask for pre-requisite skills, academic achievements, or professional experience, an ideal candidate for Konbit Mizik would be:
- Pursuing a concentration in Marketing, Business, or Non-profit Administration
- Entrepreneurial, multi-skilled, eager to learn and strong ability to multi-task
- Reliable, accountable to deadlines
- Passionate about non-profit causes, mission-driven work
- Interested in music and education
- Interested in Haitian culture