Virtual Interns for Public CharityFalkos Espinosa Charitable Trust
Junior Tennis Outreach Program CoordinatorRaleigh Tennis Association
Social Media InternsT.H.A.N.K.S. - The Helping A Needy Kid Society
Healthcare InternWinning the Battles In Your Mind Inc
Public Relations InternWinning the Battles In Your Mind Inc
Marketing InternWinning the Battles In Your Mind Inc
Office Business AssociateA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Fundraising Committee:Break the Silence Against Domestic Violence
Executive AssistantBookmark This
Kingdom Builder's Family Life Center
Posted: March 28 2016
Company Location: Co Spgs, CO
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionKingdom Builders' Family Life Center is a 501 (c) 3 Nonprofit Organization committed to serving people in need in the El Paso and Teller Counties by providing physical, spiritual, and emotional support through a variety of services such as mentoring, individual and family life skills education along with community outreach services
KBFLC strives to break the cycle of violence within families, and provide quality outreach services to low-income families. Those quality outreach services include, but are not limited to, school supplies give-a-ways, back to school bashes for all school aged children during the summer months, and various food, toiletries, toy, and coat drives throughout the calendar year. In addition to those services, KBFLC will provide life skills training, mentor programs, and safe/transitional housing which will provide the residents with education, and financial assistance and support.
Reporting directly to the Founder/Executive Director, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Founder/Executive Director. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Responsibilities• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Emotional maturity
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various
competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Founder/Executive Director including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports;
composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and
detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related
• Plans, coordinates and ensures the Founder/Executive Director 's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
• Communicates directly, and on behalf of the Founder/Executive Director, with Board members,
donors, Foundation staff, and others, on matters related to Founder/Executive Director 's programmatic initiatives.
• Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the
President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of
action, referral, or response.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Founder/Executive Director 's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
• Works closely and effectively with the Founder/Executive Director to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Founder/Executive Director updated.
• Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and
manages a variety of special projects for the Founder/Executive Director, some of which may have organizational
• Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including
drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the
Founder/Executive Director's ability to effectively lead the company.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Board Support and Liaison
• Serves as the President's administrative liaison to KBFLC’s board of directors
• Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
• Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
• Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and
board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in
Senior Management Liaison
• Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling
meetings and attending all meetings
• Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings