Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Public Relations InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Graphic Design InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
FALL 2016 EXECUTIVE INTERNSHIPBookmark This
PEN American Center
588 Broadway Suite 303
New York, NY
Posted: August 11 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPEN America's Executive Office is seeking a self-motivated, highly energetic individual for an internship to start in September, continuing until December 2016 with the possibility of longer engagement for interested candidates.
PEN America stands at the intersection of literature and human rights to protect open expression in the United States and worldwide. We champion the freedom to write, recognizing the power of the word to transform the world. Our mission is to unite writers and their allies to celebrate creative expression and defend the liberties that make it possible. Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant, the Executive Intern will develop strong nonprofit office management skills and will be privy to discussions of institutional planning and growth, with daily opportunities for exposure to the wide range of PEN’s work. The Executive Intern will have the opportunity to attend and participate in Board and all-staff meetings as well as PEN America events.
Responsibilities· Assist with administrative duties for the Executive Director, Chief Operating Officer, and Director of Finance and Administration.
· Draft and proofread high-impact letters and memos from the Executive Office.
· Assist with preparation for Board meetings, Directors' meetings, all-staff meetings, and other meetings of the Executive Director.
· Ensure a well-functioning office environment including: maintaining supplies, updating databases and contact lists, filing, photocopying, scanning, and mailing.
· Coordinate intern events, including the Intern Speaker Series.
Requirements· Exemplary attention to detail and discretion.
· Professionalism and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated capability to work independently and efficiently, to prioritize and simultaneously handle multiple tasks, and adhere to deadlines.
· Strong desire to learn new skills and the ability to pitch in when needed.
· Excellent written communication and the ability to conduct research.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Word and the Windows operating system preferred.
· Interest in literature, human rights, and/or advocacy is a plus.