Development InternCure SPG47
FAMILY ASSESSMENT FORM (FAF) INTERN/ SOCIAL ENTERPRISEChildren's Bureau
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING STUDENT INTERNChildren's Bureau
Arts Administration Summer InternshipContinuo Arts Foundation
IT/Website InternParent Action Community Inc.
Office Assistant InternParent Action Community Inc.
YOUTH PROGRAMS- WOMEN IN SCIENCEWorld Learning
YOUTH PROGRAMS - IRAQI & US YOUTH LEADERSHIP & CULTURAL EXCHANGE PROGRAMSWorld Learning
SPRING POLICY AND PRACTICES FELLOWSHIPS IN ROCKVILLE, MDBookmark This
11333 Woodglen Drive, #102
Posted: March 28 2017
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 6 Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Our nation was founded on the principle that anyone who works hard should be able to get ahead in life. People with disabilities deserve the opportunity to earn an income and achieve independence, just like anyone else. However, only one-in-three working-age Americans with disabilities is employed.
RespectAbility works with key leaders in the private, public and nonprofit sectors to fight stigmas and expand opportunities for all people with disabilities. We work to educate leaders at the federal, state and local level about best practices that will empower more people with disabilities to enter the workforce. We advocate for proven policies that will be a win-win-win solution for taxpayers, businesses and Americans with disabilities.
Public Policy and Employment Fellows support the work of RespectAbility’s Policy and Practices Director in order to advance our policy agenda and to achieve our organizational goals. Fellows will work substantively contribute to RespectAbility’s work by helping to develop resources, research materials and publish reports that will showcase replicable practices and provide our partners with critical tools. We will collaborate with other disability organizations on policies that impact disability employment at the Federal level. We will continue working with Governors and other leaders to implement state policies that will support transitions from school to work for youth with disabilities. At the local level, Fellows will be involved in the development of geographically focused partnerships. These Communities of Practices will bring together committed stakeholders on disability employment.
Who We Want
The National Leadership Program is ideal for people who want to gain skills and contacts while making a positive difference for people with disabilities. We are looking for thoughtful and results-driven individuals who want to achieve breakthrough results while getting hands-on experience. The fellowship is for college and graduate students (with an interest in pursuing a career in government or public policy) as well as for people transitioning into the workforce for the first time, or back into the workforce after a break.
RequirementsImportant Details for Applicants
• Excellent communication, research, and organizational skills are strongly preferred, and fellows should exhibit leadership skills to complete their own projects
• Basic familiarity with the features and functions of Microsoft Office strongly preferred. However, software training will be available for some fellows in collaboration with the Fellowship/Leadership Director as part of the career path planning process
• Strong preference for college juniors and above
• Commit for a minimum of nine weeks
• Hours are 9-5, and fellows must be able to work at least 20 hours a week, though 40 hours per week is preferred
• There is no tuition cost to do the fellowship, and fellows will be awarded $250 a month as a transportation reimbursement
• The fellowship takes place in Rockville, MD (office is a short distance from the White Flint Metro Station)
• Your cover letter must explain why this fellowship in particular is of interest to you and what you “bring to the table.” You must discuss in your cover letter why you believe that you have the skills, focus, and independent drive to make a positive difference in your time with us at RespectAbility.