Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
EVENT & FUNDRAISING INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Family Adoption SpecialistBookmark This
A Family For Every Child
1675 W 11th Ave
Posted: August 19 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAs a Family Adoption Specialist you will be a representative of A Family For Every Child while working with families through the adoption process. You will need to be supportive, empathetic, diligent and proactive during this time. You can expect to help answer questions for these families, communicate with other agencies about children, as well as communicate with our Matching Assistance Coordinator weekly. It will be your job to read the family’s biography and provide suggestions for changes; read the family’s home study; provide child recruitment updates when requested by the family, and provide assistance and guidance to your families as needed. You will also be responsible for checking in with assigned families on a regular basis.
ResponsibilitiesUnder the supervision of Matching Assistance Director, the intern will:
- Support your family through their adoption journey. Stay in contact with your families regularly; at least twice a month.
- Read the family’s biography and provide suggestions to make it stronger.
- Read the family’s home study and make sure it matches what the family has written in their Family Profile.
- Be available to help answer questions about the adoption process including promotion, submission, selection, and placement.
- Help the family become their own advocate during the process.
- Help find caseworker contact information and when requested, update the family on children they have submitted on.
- Keep family data updated and complete.
Requirements- You will need to be supportive, empathetic, diligent and proactive.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with diverse populations.
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and the Internet (Salesforce experience preferred, but not required.)
- The ability to access email through Outlook, Webmail, or another email host.
- Well-organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Complete work in a timely manner.
- Strong sense of customer service.