Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Public Relations InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Graphic Design InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Summer Fellows DevelopmentBookmark This
11333 Woodglen Drive, #102
Posted: January 26 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWho We Want
The RespectAbility development/fundraising fellowship program is ideal for people who want to gain skills and experience while making a positive difference for people with disabilities. We are looking for detail oriented and results-driven individuals who want to achieve solid results while getting hands-on experience. Excellent communication, computer and organizational skills are required. The fellowship is great for college and graduate students, as well as for people transitioning into the workforce for the first time, or back into the workforce after a break.
Fellows will work directly with RespectAbility President Jennifer Laszlo Mizrahi and Development and Operations Associate Hillary Steen. They must exhibit leadership skills to complete their own projects. Individual projects will be assigned based on an individual’s unique skill set and their own ability to “bring something to the table.” Upon the completion of the fellowship program, applicants can expect to come away with excellent experience in the field of development, as well as fair knowledge of issues for people with disabilities
RequirementsImportant Details for Applicants
• Completed at least their junior year of college and be committed to helping people with disabilities achieve the American Dream
• Commit for a minimum of two months
• Hours are 9-5, and fellows must be able to work at least 20 hours a week, though 40 hours per week is preferred
• There is no tuition cost to do the fellowship, and fellows will be awarded $250 a month as a transportation reimbursement
• The fellowship takes place in Bethesda, MD (office is a short walk from the Metro Station)
• Your cover letter must explain why this fellowship in particular is of interest to you and what you “bring to the table.” You must discuss in your cover letter why you believe that you have the skills, focus, and independent drive to make a positive difference in your time with us at RespectAbility.
• Highly desirable: previous experience in the development sector, with a successful track record