Social Media Specialist / ManagerChurch Women United
Special Events InternSnow Mountain Ranch - YMCA of the Rockies
Development InternGLAD (GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders)
Summer Internships and Apprenticeships at Wolf TrapWolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Senior Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
NGLCC Internship ProgramNational Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
FILM & VIDEO EDITORBookmark This
121-125 Chestnut Street
Posted: November 29 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMcMillan Community is a non profit organization that serves at risk , inner city , gifted and talented youth.
WE are a multimedia music program that specializes in music , radio , tv, and the performing arts.
Our mission is to educate , empower and develop raw talent in our youth .
Responsible for cutting and editing film footage until it meets a director's approval. Rearranges and splices scenes that have already been shot, determines if scenes need to be reshot, and inserts music, sound, or optical effects.
* Edit film until it meets director's specifications.
* Watch scenes and determine which will end up on cutting room floor.
* Work with and manipulate raw camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects.
* Determine which camera angles to use.
* Insert music, sound, or optical effects.
* Use nonlinear digital editing systems to edit clips.
*Work with work prints to organize the scenes and transitions that make up a film.
*Create edit decision lists to correspond to the edge numbers.
* Edit film for commercials, station identification, and public service messages on television films and tapes.
*Check films for damage.
* Purge damaged or old tapes.
* Work on feature films, television programs, music videos, corporate training videos or advertisements.
* Reorder and tweak the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
* Input uncut rushes and sound.
* Determine exact cutting for final stages.
* Work with director to achieve desired end result.
Working towards a college degree
* the ability to communicate clearly
* good judgement
*an outgoing personality
* self confidence
Writing, problem solving, decision making and research skills are also a must for aspiring public relations specialists. The ability to work on a team is also important.