Spring 2016 Development InternThe New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund
Marketing InternToothbrushes for Toddlers
Public Speaking Outreach AssistantThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Nonprofit Management Intern (non-residency)Helpers Of Our Farm
Marketing InternAdaptive Sports Center
Social Media and Communications InternshipGrassroots Diabetes
Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
First Amendment Voice InternshipBookmark This
Global Peace Foundation USA
9320 Annapolis Rd. Suite 100
Posted: October 12 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Help staff and promote the First Amendment Voice (FAV) Alliance to reinvigorate citizens to claim, protect and exercise the rights espoused in the 1st Amendment throughout US society through a collaborative campaign of education and advocacy. Assist GPF leaders in growing the FAV Alliance and learn about leadership in a nonprofit environment.
Support the development of the FAV Alliance through duties that include:
• Help manage website and social media platforms to include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn
• Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, and other documents, including bi-monthly emails to stakeholders and other selected communications.
• Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications.
• Answer and manage incoming calls for FAV.
• Assist with events.
• Maintain FAV rosters.
• Monthly book report
Requirements• Communications: Can effectively produce written products with clear direction. Communicates well with other members of the team. Effective communicator with the network and/or local offices, with strong preference placed on the ability to speak & write. Strong web & social media skills major plus.
• Personal Characteristics: Entrepreneurial and focused on relationship building. Energetic, forward-thinking, “can-do” and creative individual with the highest ethical standards and an appropriate professional presentation. A competitive applicant will have a keen eye for detail, perseverance and curiosity for research, a gifted pen, an open and honest communication style, the ability to organize, and a sense of humor. A self-starter and team player.
• Proficiency in MS Office.
• Sophomore or junior undergraduate or first year master’s student preferred for continuity/longevity.
• Must be able to commit to 10-20 hours/week, on average (some weeks may be light; others long).
• Work includes 2 or 3 days in the Lanham, Maryland, GPF office but can include telecommuting and nonstandard work hours based upon requirements.
• The position begins as an unpaid internship with the possibility of being converted to a paid position based upon work ethic, growth potential and performance.