Family Services Summer InternRonald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest
PAID Internship Summer 2017 - Event Fundraising for Child Sponsorship Organization!Charity Advertising & Marketing Partners
Social Impact Assessment (SIA) FellowshipMercado Global
CORRAL Riding Academy Programming InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Equine InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Communications InternCORRAL Riding Academy
2017 Programs/Development InternBest Buddies North Carolina
FORENSIC TRAINING INSTITUTE INTERN, WINTER/SPRINGBookmark This
Physicians for Human Rights
256 West 38th Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY
Posted: November 18 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe intern will shadow/assist the senior program officer in all phases of training development, and in establishing and engaging with a network of health professionals. This internship is an opportunity to gain professional skills in human resources development and an invaluable experience interacting with health professionals who are using forensic science to document human rights abuses.
Responsibilities• Training Development: Partnering with the senior program officer and applying your instructional design talent to develop learning content on human rights and forensics.
• Research: Exploring current training development best practices and strategies to share with the team and building PHR’s digital training library.
• Communication: Expanding your communication and social media talent by engaging with forensic training program constituencies.
• Metrics: Gathering and evaluating metrics for PHR’s forensic training programs in order to determine trends and implement quality improvement
• Editorial tasks: To include proofreading, fact checking, and referencing.
• Background research: Looking at key areas of interest to forensic training such as sexual violence, torture documentation, and medical care available to victims of human rights abuses.
• Current Affairs: Keeping up-to-date on current news and hot topics relating to human rights and forensics.
Requirements• Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree
• Demonstrated interest in and commitment to human rights
• Exceptional analytical, writing, and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, effectively, and professionally
• Mature judgement, strong sense of integrity, initiative, and a self-starter
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and to cope with repeated exposure to graphic pictures
• Comfortable using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
LOCATION AND HOURS
• The intern will be based in PHR’s New York City Office.
• This is an unpaid internship and will require a minimum of 20 hours/week during the semester. PHR staff will assist with any paperwork required for institutional credit or external scholarships/fellowships.
• The position will require at least a 3-month commitment
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Forensic Training Institute Intern Spring 2016” in the subject line.