Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Public Relations InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Graphic Design InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Fund Development (Fundraising & Grant Writing)Bookmark This
Posted: August 28 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe #LIVEDOPE Movement is a youth-collaborative organization and network, focused on inspiring and empowering the current and next generation of teens and young adults to discover who they are and what they're most passionate about, as we aid in their pursuit to live life on purpose - with passion.
We connect with youth online and offline, to include a website, social media feeds, and I.R.L. (in real life) workshops, with an app in the near future. A few of our main components include #DOPEVIEWS (a passion based career directory deeper of dope professionals who are living out their passion), #DOPESPOTLIGHTS (recognition of a teen or young adult in pursuit of their passion), #DOPEPAGES (a youth-focused resource directory created with youth-focused organizations) and #DOPECONNECTIONS (opportunity & resource listings within a community and beyond)
The #LIVEDOPE Movement is a relatively new initiative with a small team (we are in every sense of the word a start-up) but we have come a long way in a short period of time - even though we still have a long way to go and are currently redeveloping. The goal of the movement is lead youth into a better future through the discovery, development, and defining of their passion(s) that then sets the stage for their ultimate purpose in life.
As stated, we are currently redeveloping the movement to come back doper than ever and a huge part of this redevelopment is FUNDING. We are a nonprofit organization not yet granted tax exempt status, but we do have a fiscal sponsorship which permits us to apply and receive grants, as well as donations of any amount.
The #LIVEDOPE Movement is looking for 1 to 2 outstanding individuals who are knowledgeable in fundraising/grant research with superb writing skills as we are not only looking to win grants but also host events as a means to raise funds. Events will most likely need to be held in Washington DC as our office space can also be converted into event space.
This is for the individual who wants true hands on experience with the opportunity to be a part of something great (I mean DOPE) and not for the novice who needs to be taught how to write a proper grant.
If seriously interested, you can apply through internships.com or email your resume and cover letter directly to Cameron Govan (Founder & Executive Director), at Cameron@livedopemovement.com
please note, this internship is unpaid with flexible start and end dates and viewed more as volunteer position, but we ask that each intern make at least a 4 - 6 month minimum commitment. We are located in Washington DC, and certainly prefer our interns live in the Washington DC Metro Area, but we are looking for interns all over the United States.
In the submission statement, please state your preferred start date.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Research, draft, and submit proposals that help our organization receive funding
- Research grants and determine which ones are/are not worth pursuing
- Create the necessary documents for grant proposals, such as a cover letter, project narrative, and supporting
information, such as letters of endorsement from members of the community
- Identify all grants that match the objective of the organization
- Scour detailed lists, databases, and donor websites
- Write proposals that convince funders that our company is profoundly worthy of their trust and support
- Donor record keeping & communication
- Event Planning & Implementation
- Come up with creative/successful fundraising strategies
- Be present for weekly meetings, conducted in-person or by means of video chat
- Ability to work independently
- Strong writing skills
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail (emphasis on attention to detail)
- Clear communication skills, including frequent email/slack checking and timely responses
- Forward thinking
- Passionate about changing the world and making a positive impact
- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas, and judging correctly what will appeal to target
- Hard working and motivated
- Experience with collaborating with others to successfully complete a task and able to work on a small team
- Able to successfully handle multiple tasks at once
- Creative and flexible as well as versatile in your creativity