Development InternSpina Bifida Association
AdministrationLEADING LADIES OF SOCIETY
Event Coordinators InternshipsHipHoticHelps Inc.
Research and Development - Embrace Texas - embracetexas.orgChristian Alliance for Orphans
Research, Social Media, & Communication - African American Church InitiativeChristian Alliance for Orphans
Non-Profit Assistant + Management Intern - Ignite Hope; https://www.ignitehope.online/Christian Alliance for Orphans
Graphic Design - Mercy House Global; mercyhouseglobal.orgChristian Alliance for Orphans
Well known animal rescue organization seeking interns to help with our Saturday adoption drivesOLLIE'S PLACE
Fundraising and Administrative InternshipBookmark This
Ready, Set, Read!
2400 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA
Posted: July 07 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionReady, Set, Read! prepares young children to become lifelong readers by training their parents to read to them. We are unique among early literacy organizations in that we partner with preschools and kindergartens in underserved LA Unified School District schools to provide bilingual workshops filled with easy-to-implement tips and hands-on training, all taught by retired educators.
What interns can expect to receive from their internship experience:
1. Shadow the Executive Director to learn how to run a nonprofit organization
2. Develop strong fundraising skills from grantwriting to event organization/management to donor relations
3. Create policies, presentations and reports that will be published on the website and distributed to thousands of donors, partners and community members
4. Have an opportunity to participate in nonprofit Board meetings, Board retreats, coalition meetings, meetings with funders, donors and strategic partners
5. Receive a reference letter upon completion of the internship
To be considered for an internship position, please send a resume and cover letter to Deb Burgin, MPH at email@example.com. Watch this video to learn more about the organization: http://1drv.ms/1OMfUnL
ResponsibilitiesInterns will have the opportunity to:
1. Interact directly with the Executive Director to assist with operations, fundraising, program delivery and evaluation, and marketing to include:
• Operations: Update policies, procedures and MOUs with our school partners
• Fundraising: Input data into donor software database, research foundation prospects and draft grant proposals, assist with planning annual Book Bash fundraising event
• Program Delivery and Evaluation: Perform research and data analysis on literacy programs, create surveys, assist with writing Impact Reports and Annual Reports
• Marketing: Assist with marketing plan, create marketing and communication content
2. Help build relationships with literacy nonprofit organizations, LAUSD, and other strategic partners in Los Angeles County
3. Perform daily office organization tasks including organizing files, writing letters and emails
4. Make a difference in the lives of underserved children – and their families – through literacy!
RequirementsInterns are expected to devote a minimum of 5 hours per week to the internship and complete their projects in a timely manner. Interns have the option to work remotely and have a flexible schedule. The ideal candidates will:
• Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Have excellent writing and communication skills
• Have strong time management and organizational skills
• Have a passion for improving the lives of underserved families in LA County through literacy