Community Development and Signature Event InternGirl Scouts of the Jersey Shore
Programs InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Bringing Down the House Production Assistant InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Marketing & Communications InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Spring 2016 Development InternThe New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund
Marketing InternToothbrushes for Toddlers
Public Speaking Outreach AssistantThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Fundraising, Development & Special Events InternBookmark This
Naugatuck Youth Services, Inc.
13 Scott Street
Posted: June 01 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNaugatuck Youth Services, Inc. is a non-profit youth services bureau with the goal of helping all of Naugatuck's young people be "healthy, resilient & awesome." We have been a non-profit community organization for less than a year, and are looking for an intern who is passionate about working with young people AND able to help us develop financial resources, specifically through the development of a fundraising program and special events.
Responsibilities- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of followers online from various populations: youth, young adults, parents, community leaders, business owners, and the community at large
- Works with staff and marketing committee to ensure fluid coordination of online marketing, promotions, special events registrations, program registrations, and email newsletters
- Collaborates with internal departments and external partners on projects and assignments
- Will manage all aspects of special events, from developing ideas, setting up physical space, recruiting and welcoming attendees, preparing materials, follow-up thank yous, etc.
- Supervises, trains and mentors youth "assistants" with interest in getting involved
Requirements- Experience with management of all aspects of special events, from developing ideas, setting up physical space, recruiting and welcoming attendees, preparing materials, follow-up thank yous, etc.
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and exceptional service
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and can work without constant supervision
- Understands importance of and has willingness to learn more about confidentiality, relationship building, and positive youth development principles
- Ability to effectively and positively supervise/mentor/train volunteer youth "assistants"
SkillsRequired - Flexibility, High level of initiative, Professional Communication, Special Events Coordination, Positive Attitude, Letter Writing, Coordinating Events, Relationship Building
Preferred - Positive Youth Development, Grassroots Fundraising, Mentoring, Donor Acquisition, Donor Engagement, Donor Recognition, Educational Fundraising, Corporate Fundraising