Digital Marketing InternHemp Educate America
Jewish Urban Farming FellowshipUrban Adamah
Scranton Fringe Festival Arts Administration InternshipScranton Fringe
Arab American Institute--Summer 2017 Internship ProgramArab American Institute
Business Development / Sales InternPSC
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
IT/Computer Systems InternITT Technical Institute-Houston West
Office InternByrd Outreach & Training Center
Fundraising, Development & Special Events InternBookmark This
Naugatuck Youth Services, Inc.
13 Scott Street
Posted: June 01 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNaugatuck Youth Services, Inc. is a non-profit youth services bureau with the goal of helping all of Naugatuck's young people be "healthy, resilient & awesome." We have been a non-profit community organization for less than a year, and are looking for an intern who is passionate about working with young people AND able to help us develop financial resources, specifically through the development of a fundraising program and special events.
Responsibilities- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of followers online from various populations: youth, young adults, parents, community leaders, business owners, and the community at large
- Works with staff and marketing committee to ensure fluid coordination of online marketing, promotions, special events registrations, program registrations, and email newsletters
- Collaborates with internal departments and external partners on projects and assignments
- Will manage all aspects of special events, from developing ideas, setting up physical space, recruiting and welcoming attendees, preparing materials, follow-up thank yous, etc.
- Supervises, trains and mentors youth "assistants" with interest in getting involved
Requirements- Experience with management of all aspects of special events, from developing ideas, setting up physical space, recruiting and welcoming attendees, preparing materials, follow-up thank yous, etc.
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and exceptional service
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and can work without constant supervision
- Understands importance of and has willingness to learn more about confidentiality, relationship building, and positive youth development principles
- Ability to effectively and positively supervise/mentor/train volunteer youth "assistants"
SkillsRequired - Coordinating Events, Flexibility, Professional Communication, Special Events Coordination, High level of initiative, Letter Writing, Relationship Building, Positive Attitude
Preferred - Mentoring, Donor Recognition, Grassroots Fundraising, Donor Engagement, Educational Fundraising, Positive Youth Development, Donor Acquisition, Corporate Fundraising