COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
EVENT & FUNDRAISING INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
DEVELOPMENT INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Buildings Research and Data Analysis Internship-- PAIDSoutheast Energy Efficiency Alliance
Interns for Single Mothers OrganizationThe Single Mothers Network
Play Streets InternHarvest Home Farmers Market
Program Operations Assistant - Spring 17Project Footsteps, Inc
Development and Communications Intern (Spring semester)Interfaith Social Services
Fundraising Events InternBookmark This
Minnesota Children's Museum
Saint Paul, MN
Posted: October 11 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout Minnesota Children's Museum
Minnesota Children’s Museum’s mission is sparking children’s learning through play. We are dedicated to providing children with a hands-on and stimulating environment to explore and discover. With locations in St. Paul, Rochester, and the Mall of America, MCM employs 65 full-time and 65 part-time employees and engages over 1,300 volunteers annually. At MCM our workplace values that guide how we work together are: Play, Include, Grow, Serve and Strive.
Minnesota Children's Museum is dedicated to growing a diverse and culturally competent team of highly engaged staff and volunteers. Applicants from diverse populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Development department at Minnesota Children’s Museum seeks an intern to assist in the planning and execution of our Grand Opening Week of Celebration Events including our annual Play for All Ball (fundraising gala). The Grand Opening Celebration will be a week of events and activities revolving around the opening of the NEW Minnesota Children’s Museum. The Grand Opening Week will conclude with the museum’s annual gala, the Play for All Ball. The Fundraising Events intern will gain firsthand knowledge of event planning/logistics, marketing and fundraising in a fun and fast-paced non-profit environment. Duties will include light research, communications including writing letters and emails, webpage and social media needs. This position will also work with our Grand Opening Project Team to help execute the Grand Opening Week Celebration along with other related events. This person must be able to work the day of the Public Grand Opening (April 15, 2017) and the Play for All Ball (April 21, 2017).
NOTE: Apply online at www.mcm.org/internships. Submit an online application, cover letter, and resume. Applications are not complete until all three materials
RequirementsMajor Job Accountabilities
This is an estimate of the duties to be included in the internship. The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and museum staff. All duties will be carried out with the direction and supervision of the Development Events Manager.
• Assist the Development Events Manager in coordinating the Grand Opening Celebration Week including the gala. Tasks will include attending planning meetings, sending emails and writing letters to potential auction donors, auction item research, auction item and attendee data entry, and much more. You will also work closely with Events Manager and the Grand Opening Project Team to assist with various logistical needs for the public Grand Opening.
• Provide assistance with event preparations; including auction item displays, gala set-up /décor, auction item and certificate creation and much more. You will also work with outside vendors, MCM’s graphic designer on marketing collateral and other MCM departments.
• Work with other members of the Development Team to coordinate sponsorship fulfillment, coordinate volunteers/staff at both events and is responsible for our event database system, Greater Giving.
• Along with other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Formal education in related field (development, marketing, communications, event planning).
2. Ability to organize time and work independently, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner.
3. Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
4. Computer skills, including word processing and excel.
5. Ability to work well with others as well as on an independent basis.
6. Skill in coordinating tasks and projects.