Business Development / Sales InternPSC
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
IT/Computer Systems InternITT Technical Institute-Houston West
Office InternByrd Outreach & Training Center
Marketing & Communications InternTyler Robinson Foundation Inc.
Camp CounselorCamp Coyote
Virtual Interns for Public CharityFalkos Espinosa Charitable Trust
Junior Tennis Outreach Program CoordinatorRaleigh Tennis Association
Fundraising InternBookmark This
1422 Grayson Street
San Antonio, TX
Posted: March 04 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSan Antonio Youth's mission is to develop the characters, strengths, talents, and skills of at-risk youth living low-income communities who have dropped out of school. We help provide free after school "out of school time" programs that engage students from elementary to middle school, in fun, safe experiences, and positive learning environments. We also provide free support for unemployed high school drop outs from low-income communities by registering them in our recovery programs that allow them to attain their GED or high school diploma while participating in workforce training and community service.
The Fundraising Intern will work directly with the Fundraising Specialist to carry out the day to day operations of Development office and earn valuable experience in event marketing and community outreach.
Responsibilities· Assist with logistics of all fundraising events and help achieve net fundraising goals.
· Assist with marketing and public relations efforts.
· Brainstorming and implementing fundraising events and outreach plans to build donor and community relations.
· Represent SA Youth at community and fundraising events.
· Responding to email, mailings, and phone inquiries when applicable.
Requirements· Must be a current University or College student in good academic standing
· Possess and exhibit a strong and genuine interest in working with people and the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects while maintaining an organized environment
· Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent writing, research, and communication skills