Event Coordinator ASAP UnpaidSoCal Music Association
Undergraduate Internship (Psychology/Social Work/Sociology/Management)Youth Advocate Programs, Inc
Graphic Design Intern ASAP UnpaidSoCal Music Association
Brand Manager ASAP UnpaidSoCal Music Association
Outreach & Advocacy Intern - FallAlzheimer's Orange County
Urban Ministry: Community House ParentTechMission, Inc
Food Pantry Outreach AssistantFulfill
Ministry Internships (Paid)Coffee Creek Church
FUNDRAISING INTERNBookmark This
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
2100 Arch Street
Posted: November 10 2015
DescriptionJewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia has an opening for an INTERN IN OUR YOUNG LEADERSHIP GROUP, RENAISSANCE GROUP. The Renaissance Group is Jewish Federation’s affinity group for Jewish professionals aged 22 to 45. The mission of the Renaissance Group is to:
• Engage young professionals in our Jewish community and educate and inspire
them to care for those in need, enrich Jewish life and learning and support Israel
and overseas through volunteerism and fundraising.
This internship is a unique opportunity to learn about fundraising, leadership development and program planning within the Jewish community. The organization will work with interns to meet the need for college credit, if applicable.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia's mission is to mobilize financial and volunteer resources to address the community's most critical priorities in Greater Philadelphia, in Israel and around the world.
Responsibilities. A Jewish Federation intern will:
• Connect prospects to Jewish Federation appropriately, depending on the interests of the prospect.
• Assist in the planning and execution of outreach events (i.e. Shabbat dinners, young family programs) that engage current and prospective Renaissance Group donors in Jewish Federation programs.
• Assist in running volunteer programs and connecting Renaissance Group members to volunteer opportunities in the community.
• Assist with marketing needs to appropriately advertise our mission and programs including but not limited to outreach to neighborhoods, building relationships with other young professional groups and engaging young people returning from Israel experiences.
RequirementsSuccessful candidates for this position will possess the following skills, knowledge and abilities:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• An interest or experience in event planning
• Passion for meeting new people and introducing them to the work of the Jewish Federation
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Familiarity with Jewish traditions
• Ability to offer 14 to 20 hours a week