Family Services Summer InternRonald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest
PAID Internship Summer 2017 - Event Fundraising for Child Sponsorship Organization!Charity Advertising & Marketing Partners
Social Impact Assessment (SIA) FellowshipMercado Global
CORRAL Riding Academy Programming InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Equine InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Communications InternCORRAL Riding Academy
2017 Programs/Development InternBest Buddies North Carolina
Fundraising InternshipBookmark This
2828 N Central Ave. Suite 700
Posted: August 19 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
SOUNDS Academy is a non-profit music education organization that teaches, mentors, and provides musical experiences and opportunities for underserved youth. Students receive individual lessons, group classes, and participate in public performances on instruments such as the violin, viola, cello, and bass. Instruments are provided to those who cannot afford one. In SOUNDS Academy students learn the values of creativity, leadership, perseverance, resilience, and teamwork through music education. We teach these values in our School Programs for lower income schools, our Strings Program, and our College-Prep Program. Students also interact with professional musicians in our Musical Access program.
SOUNDS Academy Interns help further the development of music education to underserved youth and Title 1 schools. This awesome group is comprised of dreamers and the doers who see no bounds when given a task and making it happen. SOUNDS Academy Interns adapt and understand that it can be possible to do the “impossible”. They help to mold the future of the students, which we serve. SOUNDS Academy Interns are elite examples of creativity, leadership, perseverance, resilience, and teamwork. They don’t make excuses; they make it happen!
SOUNDS Academy Interns move mountains and have a hand in many aspects of the organization. While we attend a lot of events, we believe that SOUNDS Academy Interns can do more than stand at a booth and smile. An intern’s time can be better spent to create effective change. With these internships comes tremendous responsibility. SOUNDS Academy interns are taken very seriously along with their work, so please do not apply unless you are committed to the experience and our mission.
Opportunities to meet with expert musicians and music professionals
Access to concerts, concert halls, and festivals
Network with professionals in a multitude of fields
Possibility of working with current SOUNDS Academy teachers and/or students
Professional development opportunities in multiple fields including public speaking, fundraising, marketing, and education
The time commitment for internships are approximately 5-10 hours a week. This is an unpaid position.
Contact us for more information:
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities: The Fundraising Intern is responsible for increasing the charity efforts and monetary donations of SOUNDS Academy as well as tracking the progress of the donations. The primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Data entry of all donations
• Organization and Implementation of Charity Events
• Create and distribute gift acknowledgements
• Follow up with donors (via letters, e-mails, phone, etc.)
• Research and apply for potential grants
• Research and recruit new potential donors
• Maintain communication with past donors and supporters
• Develop rapport with current and future donors and supporters
• Assistance in soliciting donations for raffles, silent auctions, etc.
RequirementsKnowledge and Skills Required:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong editing skills
• Excellent comprehension of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Understanding of fundraising and the best practices for raising donations
• Understand of charity events and the best practices for organizing charity events
• An ability to multi task, work on multiple projects, and meet deadlines
• An ability to be persistent, innovative, and self-reliant
• Willingness to take initiative, learn, and independently complete projects
• A desire for growth and development
• An ability to be flexible and independently problem solve
• Tracking and reporting the fundraising growth of SOUNDS Academy
• Passion and Joy for what you do in order to improve the lives of others
• A high school diploma