IT/Computer Systems InternITT Technical Institute-Houston West
Office InternByrd Outreach & Training Center
Marketing & Communications InternTyler Robinson Foundation Inc.
Camp CounselorCamp Coyote
Virtual Interns for Public CharityFalkos Espinosa Charitable Trust
Junior Tennis Outreach Program CoordinatorRaleigh Tennis Association
Social Media InternsT.H.A.N.K.S. - The Helping A Needy Kid Society
Healthcare InternWinning the Battles In Your Mind Inc
Fundraising Internship - The Jordan Porco Foundation - Hartford, CTBookmark This
The Jordan Matthew Porco Memorial Foundation
225 Asylum St, 12th Floor
Posted: June 24 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Mission of the Jordan Porco Foundation
The Mission of the Jordan Porco Foundation is to prevent suicide in the college, college entry, and high school student populations that is often the end result of significant emotional disorders triggered by stress and/or not recognized within the person until it is too late. We do this in the name and spirit of Jordan Matthew Porco, who died by suicide in 2011
The internship positions will provide someone with substantial experience in nonprofit development and management, grant writing, events planning, researching donor prospects, solicitation strategizing, in addition to gaining valuable office experience working in a non-profit.
This is an unpaid internship. We encourage you to use this internship to gain course credit and to seek out "work-study" grants with your college, if that is an option. This will start in the fall and continue through spring. Applying To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Deirdre Tindall via e-mail at: email@example.com
ResponsibilitiesDuties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Research new foundations/grants to apply for funding
• Help with editing of proposals and reports
• Help in writing minor proposals and reports
• Table at awareness and fundraising events
• Assist in pre-event preparation
• Help in organizing events
• Provide support in sending mailings and invitations
• Help with maintaining database records
Each internship position will also have its share of "busy" work including envelope stuffing and administrative duties like file cleaning and data entry.
RequirementsRequirements and Qualifications
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office) and able to learn new programs quickly (databases, etc.)
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Strong organizational abilities
• Ability to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.)
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks • Interest in a nonprofit career - particularly development and fundraising
Each intern will be expected to work 15–25 hours per week (this is flexible), sometime between the hours of 9:00am–5:00pm, Monday through Friday in our Hartford, Connecticut office.