Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Sales AssociateAspect Int'l Language Academies At University Of Central Florida
GETTY MULTICULTURAL UNDERGRADUATE INTERN 201718th Street Arts Center
Intern-Disaster Planning, American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Intern-Disaster Training and Exercises American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Intern- Donor Development- American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Legislative InternUnion of Concerned Scientists
Fundraising ManagerBookmark This
Youth Crime Watch of Liberia
Posted: May 26 2015
Company Location: Monrovia, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAt the heart of Youth Crime Watch Liberia’s programs is a strategy or theory of change that recognizes the need for active, empowered and enabled youth citizens who have a channel for interaction with an accountable state and society with the goal of reducing and preventing crime. By enabling and empowering Liberian youth through experience (community development projects), opportunities (leadership), skill-based training (entrepreneurship), and access (knowledge, education and technology), we help to bridge power gaps while simultaneously decentralizing economic activities and post-war reconstruction efforts. With programs entirely focused on building confidence, trauma healing, business/skills training, and action for women we help redistribute power bringing Liberia’s most at risk populations to a forum where they can be heard, respected and incorporated into all aspects of society and policy. While we currently focus on grassroots empowerment, we are beginning to incorporate civil engagement and policy advocacy into many of our programs. We do so through the establishment of innovative, collaborative platforms and channels that could connect all Liberians.
In this process we directly reduce risk factors that lead to crime. Through our crime reporting and prevention system and needs assessments we determine what primary interventions are needed where. In the future, as more and more young women and men become engaged in this system, they themselves will become leaders of peaceful interventions and become socially responsible, active citizens.
ResponsibilitiesReporting to: Development & Information Manager
Purpose: shaping the overall development strategy of the organisation and driving forward new initiatives to ensure long terms sustainability. Leading an established team your initiative, creativity and management skills will ensure the success of the ambitious plans for fundraising growth.
We are seeking a volunteer Fundraising Manager at Youth Crime Watch of Liberia. This is a career opportunity that would mean working for a great organization that greatly affects people’s lives.
This position is focused on fundraising and will have set financial goals for income improvement and engagement. Applicants need to have a strong background in both non-profit special event fundraising and online communications. This person will provide leadership in the development of an effective multi-faceted development strategy to achieve online fundraising goals.
• Manage and lead the Fundraising Team to raise US 50,000.00, developing and implementing a fundraising strategy in line with the organisation’s changing needs
• Lead on new initiatives including major donors, legacies and regular giving
• Contribute to the overall running of the organization as an active member of the management team
Duties will include:
• Working with the Development & Information Manager and the program management team to align both physical and online strategies with event goals and activities.
• Conduct and monitor email outreach to increase online traffic and fundraising.
• Create an offline outreach plan to make people aware of and increase the use of online tools.
• Monitoring event websites’ appearance and content while maintaining brand consistency.
• Manage social media and monitor content.
• Determine effectiveness of current fundraising strategies by reviewing and analysing results.
Requirements• Familiar with online fundraising and communications systems
• Communication skills: writing dynamic funding proposals and inspiring people to commit to the cause in question.
• Creativity: idea generation is important as charities try to ‘piggy back’ on what the public has an interest in.
• To oversee the development and motivation of a pool of volunteers who can assist with different aspects of fundraising, including fundraising committees
• To broaden the mix of income streams, develop major donors and encourage regular giving and legacy funding
• To oversee the maintenance of necessary systems to support fundraising in conjunction with the Finance Team
• Basic understanding of content management systems preferred
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to make data driven decisions
• Interpersonal skills: you will be constantly interacting with people, persuading them of the value of our organisation.
• Creativity and ability to prioritize work
• Strong project management skills
• Resilience and flexibility: fundraising can be a tough job.
www.ycwliberia.org / www.experienceliberia.org