Development InternGLAD (GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders)
Summer Internships and Apprenticeships at Wolf TrapWolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Senior Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
NGLCC Internship ProgramNational Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
Administrative InternThe Friendship Circle Philadelphia Region South
Special Events SpecialistThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Girl Talk InternshipBookmark This
Police Athletic League
34 1/2 East 12th Street
New York, NY
Posted: August 17 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPAL’s Girl Talk program seeks interns for its Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island locations to support program volunteers and participants as they engage in this supportive mentoring program geared towards middle school young women, ages 11 -14. The program is led by volunteer women professionals who facilitate weekly topic based talks with the girls including but, not limited to health and wellness, leadership and goal setting. The Girl Talk program intern is needed to support their designated program site two days a week for both prep and implementation. We are seeking interns with a specific interest in young women’s rights, teaching and/or social work. Availability during program hours on Wednesday and Thursday evenings between 3:30 pm and 6:00 pm is A MUST.
• Support Women of Inspiration volunteers and program site with logistic needs
• Ensure to quality delivery of program activities;
• Monitor, evaluate and report on the program activities;
• Assist with planning of annual retreat
• Liaise with people from the local community, fostering good relations.
Skills and qualities required:
• Studies and/or experience or strong interest and motivation in project related fields highly desirable;
• Good management skills, logistic and human resource management;
• Good communication skills including interpersonal and computing skills;
• Studies, experience or a strong motivation in working for women related issues;
• Experience in teaching is a plus.
Professional Development opportunities. Connection to not-for-profit and private sector leaders. Free access to Internet is provided in the various centers and PAL headquarters. Additionally, internship-related transportation is provided for by the organization. Please apply by sending an email, addressing the above criteria, with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use "Girl Talk Intern" as the subject of your email. Only applications for an internship request for a minimum duration of 8 weeks will be considered. New York City residency. International students with J-1 Visa are welcome. Internship start date September 14th.