Communications InternJadens Voice
Marketing InternJadens Voice
Cause Marketing and Corporate Partnerships Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Communications Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Events Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Walks Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Marketing Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Donor Stewardship Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Global Chapter Internship (Unpaid)Bookmark This
2134 Bonar Street
Posted: February 26 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOverview of the Organization:
buildOn is a not for profit organization working to break the cycle of poverty, illiteracy and low expectations through education and service. buildOn runs intensive community service & service learning programs in 44 high schools across the US. buildOn empowers youth to contribute with direct service to their communities – working with senior citizens, the homeless and younger children. Through buildOn, students learn to see themselves as the solution, not the problem. They elevate expectations for their communities and themselves. And they develop the character, grit and determination that they need to succeed. 92% of buildOn students in the U.S. not only graduate from high school, they go on to college! These same students help build schools in some of the economically poorest countries in the world. buildOn students have contributed more than 1.6 million hours of service in the U.S., and have helped build more than 840 schools in Burkina Faso, Haiti, Nepal, Nicaragua, Malawi, Mali, and Senegal.
Overview of the Role:
buildOn is seeking a passionate, motivated, and dedicated intern for our chapter team. The intern will support the logistics associated with the Chapter conference planning and attendance, including session planning and on-site management. This internship will also allow students to gain hands-on experience on designing and implementing new marketing materials for our online membership and fundraising guide.
What you will learn:
• Leadership and relationship building skills with overarching outreach goals in a professional setting.
• Flexibility and reliability in a fast-paced office setting.
• Develop skills in event production, database management, donor cultivation strategies, and project management.
• The design and implementation of various marketing materials (which include logos, print advertising, web graphics & social media outreach).
Our internships offer you the opportunity:
• Explore Career Opportunities – by working in the field you have chosen, you can receive an inside look at your potential career path.
• Network – the opportunity to interact with national and international staff, Mentorship – We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals.
• Planning for and attending the Chapter Conference
• Designing and implementing new marketing materials
Online Fundraising Guide
Online Membership Guide
• Campaign Materials
RequirementsWho we are looking for:
• You are a results oriented, and possess strong communication skills.
• You love challenges. We’re looking for someone who is flexible and adaptable.
• You have knowledge in community service and Service Learning.
• You LOVE data.
• You are a self-starter. We are looking for an intern who can take projects, run with them, solve them & ask questions when appropriate.
• You must be willing to work 10 hours/week (including some Saturdays)