Be A Part of the International Art Phenomenon - 6x6Rochester Contemporary Art Center
Social Media & Community Management InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Office InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Business Development / Sales InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Magazine
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Grant WriterBookmark This
Kingdom Builder's Family Life Center
Posted: March 28 2016
Company Location: Co Spgs, CO
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionKingdom Builders' Family Life Center is a 501 (c) 3 Nonprofit Organization committed to serving people in need in the El Paso and Teller Counties by providing physical, spiritual, and emotional support through a variety of services such as mentoring, individual and family life skills education along with community outreach services
KBFLC strives to break the cycle of violence within families, and provide quality outreach services to low-income families. Those quality outreach services include, but are not limited to, school supplies give-a-ways, back to school bashes for all school aged children during the summer months, and various food, toiletries, toy, and coat drives throughout the calendar year. In addition to those services, KBFLC will provide life skills training, mentor programs, and safe/transitional housing which will provide the residents with education, and financial assistance and support.
ResponsibilitiesThe Grant Writer is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate KBFLC's mission and programs to potential funders. Reporting to the Founder/Executive Director, the Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
• Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations,
persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
• Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and
• Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and
• Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts;
• Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and
• Conducting prospect research;
• Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and
manage supplemental material required for proposals’
• Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and
The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
• Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
• Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information.
• A high level of computer literacy required, including familiarity with Raisers Edge and Foundation Center databases.
• Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form. A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants.
• Bachelor’s degree, and 3 -5 years of relevant experience are required.
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
To Apply: For more information, please visit kingdombuildersfamilylifecenter.org. Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kingdom Builder’s Family Life Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Workplace (EEOC) and a Drug Free Workplace.