Graphic Design Intern at VoteRunLeadVoteRunLead
Program Intern at VoteRunLeadVoteRunLead
Database Maintenance VolunteerCommunity Action of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Building Medical Research DatabaseAnthony Bates Foundation
Graphic Design InternThe G.Y.M. Project
PAID Internship Summer 2017 - Event Fundraising for Child Sponsorship Organization!Charity Advertising & Marketing Partners
Development InternshipGilda's Club Metro Detroit
Grant Writer InternBookmark This
1205 Boyle Street
Posted: December 07 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Grant Writer Intern is Responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects.
ResponsibilitiesThe Grant Writer Intern will work in conjunction with the Executive Director and Office Manager to complete the following duties:
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors
- Provide stewardship to current donors, including work with Grants & Research Manager to provide regular written updates (newsletters etc.) to corporate and foundation donors
- Understanding of institutional history and programs
- Make appointments with foundation officers and other prospects, arrange for onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers, foundation trustees).
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship (visitor number and diversity, educational program attendance, etc.)
- Provide development input for all written institutional materials (including Annual Report, Member magazine)
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
RequirementsEducation and Experience
- Experience and/or a background with grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
Proficiency in the use of Computers for:
- Word processing
Grant Writer Interns should demonstrate competence in the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.