Be A Part of the International Art Phenomenon - 6x6Rochester Contemporary Art Center
Social Media & Community Management InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Office InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Business Development / Sales InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Magazine
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Grant Writer InternBookmark This
Liver Education Advocacy & Prevention Services
Posted: August 26 2015
Company Location: Shaker Heights, OH
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLiver Education Advocacy & Prevention Service is a Cleveland Ohio based non-profit agency. Our mission is to educate, advocate and empower those who are infected with, or affected by liver disease. Our primary outreach is to people of color. We do this because of the disparity of services for this population. We provide linkage to resources that assist people with little or minimal health insurance. We provide referrals to doctors and facilities that meet these needs. We also provide community education and support groups. We engage in advocacy projects. We do not charge for our services.
This position will be specifically working with LEAPS Executive Director As a LEAPS Grants Intern, the primary responsibilities will be to assist the Executive Director and our board with researching appropriate funders and the execution and submission of grants. LEAPS needs an intern capable of researching funding opportunities within guidelines and writing compelling grants for eligible funding. This would require an intern with strong research, writing and analytical skills. The intern will gain tangible skills in grant writing relevant to non-profit organizations. This position reports to the Executive Director.
1. Assist with research of new funders to develop a grants calendar.
2. Draft compelling grant proposals.
3. Research relevant statistics for proposals.
4. Cast the vision of LEAPS to funders.
Requirements1. Junior or Senior level student with experience in English and or Communications.
2. Excellent writing, verbal, proof reading, editing and professional phone and email communication is required.
3. Previous experience in research an/or grant writing.
4. Understanding of and prior work/volunteer experience in non-profit organizations is preferred.
5. Flexible and self-motivated.
6. Detail oriented with ability to prioritize under a deadline.
7. Ability to plan and work with various groups of people, and sensitivity to LEAPS mission.