Community Radio ProgrammingMALCOLM X CENTER - WMXP/95.5fm
Communication InternEmbrace Relief Foundation Inc
WOLA's Sally Yudelman Internship ProgramWashington Office on Latin America
Volunteer Coordinator InternCommunity Computer Alliance
Community Engagement InternCentral Texas Food Bank
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Kitten Nursery InternBest Friends Animal Society
Grant WritersBookmark This
Posted: October 03 2016
Company Location: Queens, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 25 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe charitable organization, Alert Inc. ,is a non-profit registered (C) (3) corporation. based out of Queens, New York. Alert Inc. is the only foundation, in the world, free of charge, that makes every educational facility safe from an attack by an active shooter and terrorists.
Since 2011, school shootings are up 4000% and we are the only charity in the world taking this problem head on. The scope of work we offer to every school in this country runs into the tens of billions of dollars making Alert Inc. one of the largest charities in the world. All lives matter to Alert Inc., no matter color or creed.Our system is designed in such a way that every classroom is turned into a safe room. Students and Teachers no longer need to run and hide from a shooter, nor do the police have to go into the school without knowing what is happening on the other side of the door.This is because the First Responders can access the surveillance cameras via their smart device while they are en route, this way they know exactly the situation and can expedite the threat accordingly.
Alert Inc. , a registered (C)(3) corporation , seeks an enthusiastic and dynamic Grant Writer who will be responsible . and will be responsible for developing and writing winning grant proposals designed to secure funding from government programs, public institutions, private foundations, corporations and other grant-making entities to support and implement all aspects of the Alert Inc's Smart and Safe program.
The Grant writer will possess exemplary writing and communication skills and will persuasively convey Alert Inc.'s mission and programs to potential funders, foundations and grantors. Reporting to one of the Directors of Alert Inc. this person will develop strategies, craft narratives, assemble and submit grant requests (including budgets), conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and reporting deadlines as well as creating and overseeing the necessary tracking systems and procedures.
ResponsibilitiesThe charitable organization, Alert Inc, a registered (C) (3) corporation Seeks a Grant writer Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Own the full grants process for foundations, corporations, and government entities; craft persuasive proposals that speak authentically to our work, coordinate funder follow-up, and leverage leadership team to support your work.
o Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills and a proven record of creating and fostering excellent relationships
o Superior writing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills
o A high level of integrity and a strong work ethic
o The ability to motivate and work effectively and diplomatically across diverse teams within an organization
o The ability to serve as a strategic thinker, capable of providing positive and proactive solutions to challenges and opportunities
o Sense of humor and desire to work on a team of hardworking and fun individuals who do whatever it takes to get the job done
o Belief in the charitable foundation Alert Inc.'s mission and core values
• Move institutional funders through an annual stewardship cycle that communicates our gratitude and their investment’s leverage.
• Create, maintain, and share a grants calendar that ensures all institutional funding deadlines are met with sufficient time for input.
• Handle all relevant correspondence with funders, and coordinating with appropriate staff members when necessary.
Please see website www. AlertNFP.org for more info.
Requirements• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills and a proven record of creating and fostering excellent relationships
• Superior writing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills
• A high level of integrity and a strong work ethic
• The ability to motivate and work effectively and diplomatically across diverse teams within an organization
• The ability to serve as a strategic thinker, capable of providing positive and proactive solutions to challenges and opportunities
• Sense of humor and desire to work on a team of hardworking and fun individuals who do whatever it takes to get the job done