Fine Arts / Gallery InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Marketing and Social Media InternFriends of Fort Point Channel
Graphic Design InternRockhaven Group, LLC
Unpaid Intern - Latin AmericaIFES
Paid Intern - Human ResourcesIFES
Sumer AssociateDemocracy Works
Grant Writing/Development InternGateway Counseling Center, Inc.
Events & Development InternshipAdaptive Sports Center of Crested Butte
Grant WritingBookmark This
Posted: June 30 2015
Company Location: San Diego, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPacifica Institute was founded as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization by a group of dedicated volunteers in San Fernando Valley in 2003. Idea was to do good for the community they live in. Pacifica receives donations and is supported by business people and professionals, and efficiently achieves a high level of output due to the support of committed volunteers.
Pacifica Institute strives for social justice, interfaith cooperation, advocacy through positive change and connections, relationship-building and partnership for the common good, and respecting both religious and non religious identities through its wide range of activities like Social Responsibility Projects, Festivals, Panels, Conferences, Talks, Civic Engagement Projects, Annual Dialogue and Award Ceremonies, Ramadan Iftar Dinners and Intercultural Trips and Study Abroad Programs.
ResponsibilitiesA non-profit organization seeks a part-time and virtual internship in the role of Grant Writer He/she will be responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources. This includes researching, compiling, writing and editing grant applications, as well as developing templates to streamline the grant proposal process. This is an opportunity to grow within a rising non-profit organization. We are located in San Diego, CA.
RequirementsEducation and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in English or Communications.
- Successful grant-writing experience required; additional non-profit fundraising experience strongly preferred.
- Proven proficiency of professional writing experience including successful proposals to institutional donors, grant writing or other technical writing experience. Certificates, Licenses or Registrations
Other Competencies (skills, abilities, behavior)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word; some experience working in databases preferred.
- Must have a philosophy that is consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the organization.
- Excellent writing, editing and problem-solving skills.- A proven leader who supports cross-functional engagement and problem solving.
- Organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function independently but also see their role as a member of the Naisa Global team.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and foster a sense of teamwork among staff.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
SkillsRequired - Grant Administration, Grant Preparation, AP style writing, Grant Applications
Preferred - Non-profit Administration