Social Media Internship for a Nonprofit OrganizationMargaret Byrd Rawson Institute
Community Outreach AssociateImpact Branding Consulting, Inc
Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
Grant Writing InternBookmark This
Kindah Foundation, Inc.
Posted: November 19 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Girls Rising Collective™ Foundation, Inc. (TGRCF) is a recognized 501(c)(3) global not-for-profit membership-based eco-friendly organization, peer to peer mentoring, and holistic wellness center; that inspire, equip, educate, empower and mobilize women and girls to take actions that changes the world, one female at a time; through educational opportunities, self-awareness, self-sufficiency, philanthropy, positive sisterhood, mentorship, self-esteem development, holistic wellness coaching, workshops, and volunteerism. TGRCF researches, identifies, and leverages networks of communities and opportunities developed for, with and by women and girls. We find our tribes and build communities of abundance by connecting locally to build globally. We have reorganized our foundation in order to execute our global mission of helping women and girls truly lived INSPIRED, EMPOWERED and RESTORED.
The grant writer researches, prioritizes, and applies for grants from a wide variety of governmental, private, and public foundations and institutions.
Verify facts, and dates using standard reference sources
Read writing to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax
Communicate with peers, supervisors, and subordinates
ResponsibilitiesGrant Writing, Fundraising, and Development Intern
Unpaid Position (16-20 Hours per week)
The Grant Writing, Fundraising, and Development Intern is responsible for
• Researching Request For Proposals (RFPs) and Potential Grant Opportunities
• Writing Letters Of Intent to apply for funding
• Writing and/or Assist in writing grant proposals for existing and new programs/projects
• Updating and maintaining accurate information for Grant/Funder Database and Calendar
• Researching networking events and community events for VCI to attend
• Tracking information on the Donor Management software platform
• Researching potential major donors and corporate partners
1. Junior or Senior level student with experience in English and or Communications.
2. Excellent writing, verbal, proof reading, editing and professional phone and email communication is required.
3. Previous experience in research and/or grant writing.
4. Understanding of or prior work/volunteer experience in non-profit organizations is preferred.
5. Flexible and self-motivated.
6. Detail oriented, with ability to prioritize under a deadline.
• Major in marketing, communications study
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data
• Writes clearly and informatively
• Able to read and interpret written information
• Exceptional traditional writing and grammatical skills
• Extreme attention to detail and outstanding organizational
• Report making skills
• Punctuality and timeliness with deadlines
• Computer competency
• Team player willing to take leadership and initiative
• Other duties as needed
• Strong Organizational skills
• Excellent Communication skills – oral and written
• Outstanding Time management – ability to set goals, meet deadlines
• Experience with Donor Management software is a plus
• Experience with grant research and grant writing are a plus
- Research and proposal writing for grant applications
- Conduct in-depth research about grant applications and organizations
- Develop and maintain a database with all the information corresponding to grant organizations. Keeping a calendar of deadlines.
- Compiling reviews and articles about artist’s work and/or exhibitions