Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
Grant Writing InternBookmark This
909 Shull Street
West Columbia, SC
Posted: December 16 2014
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAtlantic Institute is a recognized 501(c)(3) global nonprofit foundation.
Atlantic Institute is a non-profit organization whose goal is to promote dialogue among people and towards issues that pertain to their lives. Atlantic Institute's mainstay is to engage in educational activities about social and cultural matters. Founders of the Atlantic Institute are inspired by Fethullah Gulen's philosophy of dialogue and peaceful and constructive coexistence.
We want to live in a peaceful world where non-violence, respect, understanding, friendship, cooperation and love prevail.
• Seeking and creating opportunities for dialogue between individuals and communities. Contributing to the local and global peace by promoting values such as; respect, acceptance, dialogue, love, richness of faith and culture over centuries of time.
• At Atlantic Institute, we approach our world with realistic optimism to build a better future for tomorrow. We believe that small positive actions can make significant changes in our lives and the world.
• We choose to face the challenges of our world by offering solutions through dialogue and education as well as organizing cultural activities and humanitarian works.
ResponsibilitiesThe grant writer researches, prioritizes, and applies for grants from a wide variety of governmental, private, and public foundations and institutions.
Verify facts, and dates using standard reference sources
Read writing to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax
Communicate with peers, supervisors, and subordinates
Grant Writing, Fundraising, and Development Intern
Unpaid Position (15-20 Hours per week)
The Grant Writing, Fundraising, and Development Intern is responsible for
• Researching Request For Proposals (RFPs) and Potential Grant Opportunities
• Writing Letters Of Intent to apply for funding
• Writing and/or Assist in writing grant proposals for existing and new programs/projects
• Updating and maintaining accurate information for Grant Database and Calendar
• Researching networking events and community events for Executive Assistants to attend
• Researching potential major donors and corporate partners
1. Junior or Senior level student with experience in English and or Communications.
2. Excellent writing, verbal, proof reading, editing and professional phone and email communication is required.
3. Previous experience in research and/or grant writing.
4. Understanding of or prior work/volunteer experience in non-profit organizations is preferred.
5. Flexible and self-motivated.
6. Detail oriented, with ability to prioritize under a deadline.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data
• Writes clearly and informatively
• Able to read and interpret written information
• Exceptional traditional writing and grammatical skills
• Extreme attention to detail and outstanding organizational
• Report making skills
• Punctuality and timeliness with deadlines
• Computer competency
• Team player willing to take leadership and initiative
• Other duties as needed
• Strong Organizational skills
• Excellent Communication skills – oral and written
• Outstanding Time management – ability to set goals, meet deadlines
• Experience with grant research and grant writing are a plus
- Research and proposal writing for grant applications
- Conduct in-depth research about grant applications and organizations
- Develop and maintain a database with all the information corresponding to grant organizations. Keeping a calendar of deadlines.