Community Development and Signature Event InternGirl Scouts of the Jersey Shore
Programs InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Bringing Down the House Production Assistant InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Marketing & Communications InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Spring 2016 Development InternThe New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund
Marketing InternToothbrushes for Toddlers
Public Speaking Outreach AssistantThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Grant Writing / Research Intern - Help Sex Trafficked KidsBookmark This
Casa Milagro Foundation
De la farmacia Fischel del Triangulo 150 al Norte Pavas, Provincia de San José, Costa Rica
Posted: October 03 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Casa Milagro Foundation exists to provide Love, Life Skills, and Inspirational Hope to child victims of commercial sexual exploitation in Costa Rica.
Costa Rica has many child victims of sexual exploitation, yet has no dedicated services to help them. One in ten girls identified gets some level of help, boys get no help at all.
Casa Milagro is creating a safe house for boys, and a drop in center for boys and girls, in direct response to this growing problem. The goal is to offer a loving space with holistic services and a positive support system based on spiritual psychology principles, to help these youth avoid further trauma, to break the cycle of abuse, and to prepare them for successful futures.
ORGANISATION IS BASED IN SAN JOSE, COSTA RICA. THE SYSTEM WOULD NOT LET ME SAVE THAT LOCATION FOR SOME REASON. THIS POSITION CAN ALSO BE PERFORMED FROM REMOTE LOCATION OR HERE IN SAN JOSE, COSTA RICA.
Responsibilities- Research funding opportunities
- Write grants
- Research and Contact possible donors
- Come up with interesting ideas that will draw new donors towards Casa Milagro Foundation
- Create correspondence letters (i.e thank you letters)
- The intern will also be responsible for coming up with creative fundraising and sponsorship ideas.
Requirements- Excellent writing and research skills
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work independently without supervision
- Passion for the non-profit work
- Administrative skills
- A demonstrated commitment to Casa Milagro’s mission and values
- Unimpeachable ethical standards and personal integrity
SkillsRequired - English & Spanish languages
Preferred - Google Docs, Grant Writing, Research Skills