Park Church Co-op InternThe Park Church Co-op
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Public Relations and Marketing InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Medical Outreach and Wish Support InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Development and Events InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Corporate Development InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Wish Granting InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
Patient Services InternshipLFANC
Business/Economic Development/Marketing Intern WantedBotetourt County Chamber of Commerce
Grant/Fundraising InternBookmark This
1721 Broadway Ste #201
Posted: February 29 2016
DescriptionCome join experienced entrepreneurs, community leaders, and chefs that are doing good in the world through community engagement, education, and DELICIOUS FOOD!
Looking for a superstar grant/fundraising intern to help fundraise, research and assist in applying for grants for our Oakland-based nonprofit. We have partnerships with great local and national organizations and are ready to move forward but would like to develop a team of action-oriented go-getters to help us expand and grow!
The part-time position requires a level of independence to take on projects with minimal guidance. Being resourceful and having a "start-up" and "can-do" attitude is what keeps our team going, and we'd definitely appreciate someone who possesses those traits.
Expect once-a-week meetings to check-in, brainstorm, discuss campaigns, and set goals/tasks for the week. Interns will work directly with founders and will play an integral role in the growth and expansion of our nonprofit startup.
Depending on location and level of commitment, a stipend can be discussed. To apply, please send your resume with references, along with a cover letter explaining why you're a good fit for the position.
Responsibilities- Assist in researching potential funding opportunities
- Assist in creating presentations and writing grant applications to foundations
- Keep track of grant and funding prospects (via excel or Google spreadsheets)
- Keep in contact and follow up with donors
- Create, update, and manage weekly newsletters and email lists (for our donors)
- Attend weekly meetings with founders to discuss tasks and deliverables
Requirements- Has a passion for food business, community engagement, and social/environmental issues especially regarding economic empowerment, refugee resettlement, women's rights, food justice and accessibility to healthy foods for low-income residents
- Prefers diversity in a work environment with clients, customers, and team members
- Possesses skills in creative writing and community outreach
- Experience w/ Powerpoint and Excel (or Google Spreadsheets)
- Previous experience working in grant writing and fundraising (not mandatory)
- Previous experience working with customers/donors (not mandatory)
- Performs well in a start-up environment that values creativity, passion, and teamwork
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and independence
- Enjoys building projects from the ground up, taking on new challenges, and creating new ideas
SkillsRequired - Creative Writing, Writing Skills, Task Driven, Highly Organized
Preferred - Fundraising, Grant Writing, Grassroots Fundraising, Donor Engagement