Development InternGLAD (GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders)
Summer Internships and Apprenticeships at Wolf TrapWolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Senior Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
NGLCC Internship ProgramNational Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
Administrative InternThe Friendship Circle Philadelphia Region South
Special Events SpecialistThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Grants Writer InternshipBookmark This
Clean the World
400A Pittman Street
Posted: January 19 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionClean the World is seeking an intern on our Development team to play a vital role in Grant research and grant writing. The Grant Writer Intern will gain experience in developing and transforming project concepts into grant proposals that address socio-economic impacts on global health and the environment.
Clean the World is dedicated to saving millions of lives around the world while simultaneously diverting hotel waste from landfills. On average, more than 5,000 children die every day from hygiene-related illnesses, primarily pneumonia and diarrheal disease, which are two of the top killers of children under the age of 5. Since 2009, Clean the World has contributed to a 30 percent reduction in pre-adolescent deaths from hygiene-related illnesses by providing soap and hygiene education to make hand washing a lifelong habit and encourage vigorous childhood development
Responsibilities• Assist with writing and editing proposals for grant applications and other donor solicitations.
• Conduct topical research in preparation of writing proposals for grant applications.
• Compile documents and related attachments for submitting grant applications.
• Prepare written content for website and newsletter.
• Assist with identifying potential grant funders.
• Preparing donor acknowledgements and update databases.
• Participate in community outreach and philanthropic networking.
• Additional administrative and/or related support as needed.
Requirements• 12-15 hours/week
• Excellent writing, proof reading, and editing skills
• strong research and analytical skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and work well under deadlines
• Ability to manage projects with minimal supervision
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint