MAKE-A-WISH HAWAII DATABASE MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIPMake-A-Wish Hawaii
MAKE-A-WISH HAWAII OFFICE MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIPMake-A-Wish Hawaii
MAKE-A-WISH HAWAII VOLUNTEER OUTREACH INTERNSHIPMake-A-Wish Hawaii
MAKE-A-WISH HAWAII DONOR CARE, GRANTS & DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIPSMake-A-Wish Hawaii
MAKE-A-WISH HAWAII EVENTS INTERNSHIPMake-A-Wish Hawaii
MAKE-A-WISH HAWAII WISH ASSIST INTERNSHIPMake-A-Wish Hawaii
MAKE-A-WISH HAWAII PROGRAM SERVICES INTERNSHIPMake-A-Wish Hawaii
Wings Program CoordinatorTriple Threat Mentoring
Grants Research and Operations AssistantBookmark This
6865 Windcrest Dr., Suite 400
Posted: June 19 2017
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are looking for a paid Intern to join our Grants division helping local government and public safety organizations find the funding they need to do their jobs safely and effectively. The mission of our Grants division is to provide members of the first responder and local government community with a comprehensive resource for grant information and assistance. Working with some of the leading grant experts in the country, our grant assistance programs have helped fund over $100 million for public safety agencies.
The ideal candidate is an organized self-starter with a mix of technical and customer service skills and can learn quickly in a fast-paced environment. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Intern will provide administrative and operations support for our contracted grant writing agencies. This position presents a unique opportunity to learn pre-award grant functions in the local government sector as well as getting in on the ground floor of the fastest growing division within an established company.
This position is located in Plano, TX. Hours are flexible from 20-40 hours a week at $18 an hour. No benefits. We are looking for a minimum 6 month commitment. Please send your resume and a brief letter outlining your qualifications. This internship has the potential to lead to a salaried Jr. project management position.
• Provide administrative support for the Grants Operations Team
• Support Project Managers in meeting grant submission deadlines
• Review grant documentation to ensure compliance with requirements and guidelines
• Take the lead on application assembly for all grant writing projects
• Coordinate and complete grant research for corporate sponsors
• Serve as JIRA/Confluence technician and super-user
• Nearing completion or recently completed a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university; or a student in a graduate program.
• Experience (volunteer or work) with public safety, local government and/or nonprofit agencies
• Experience (volunteer or work) with Grant writing and research and the ability to read and interpret requests for proposals
• Familiarity with grant search engines
• Technically savvy with the ability to learn various software and computer systems
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office applications and Google products.
• Strong command of the English language
• Background in technical writing and editing