Community Outreach AssociateImpact Branding Consulting, Inc
Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Graphic Design InternBookmark This
Green Block Project inc.
Posted: February 27 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGreen Block Project is new California base nonprofit with 501c3 status in its grassroots phase. We believes that temporary fruit and vegetable community gardens and micro garden systems would be beneficial to one’s daily health and value of life. Green Block Project empowers communities with the resources to build and maintain short-term community gardens on unused land throughout the United States, as well as provided workshops on micro gardens, food preparation and food preservation. Green Block Project endeavors to improve the quality of life in neighborhoods by educating neighbors about the health and financial benefits of community gardens, by building community relationships, and providing the opportunity for self-reliance, recreation, exercise and improvement of the environment.
Green Block Project is seeking a graphic designer intern for the develop brand program for nonprofit.
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback