Volunteer Services/Human Resources Academic Service LearnerAmerican Red Cross
DJ Henry Dream Fund Special Event InternDj Henry Dream Fund
Intern- Grantwriting (International Projects)Davis Weaver Collective (Innovative Venture Solutions)
Participatory Budgeting Project (PBP) Volunteer Coordinator InternshipParticipatory Budgeting Project
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING STUDENT INTERNChildren's Bureau
FAMILY ASSESSMENT FORM (FAF) INTERN/ SOCIAL ENTERPRISEChildren's Bureau
Intern, American Red Cross, Disaster Workforce Engagement - Hawthorne, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Art Collective InternSaint Sol
Graphic Design InternBookmark This
Men Elevate Now, Inc.
Posted: April 02 2016
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionM.E.N. Men Elevate Now is a contemporary after school program focusing on the needs of New York City's inner city youth. The program targets males ages 13 and up, recognizing the statistical gaps between males and females regarding graduation, drop out and post-secondary enrollment rates. M.E.N. recognizes students need guidance and care to develop into whole, competent adults who can enjoy gainful employment and work constructively and collaboratively to improve their communities and society as a unit. School single-handedly cannot provide our youth with all that is needed especially in inner urban city communities. It is then up to other partners to step in to help. Considering the successful raising of our collated adolescent is society's most fundamental even
vital task--we are all partners.
Our mission is to change the world one young man and mind at a time. To enrich the lives of students with virtuous skill-building activities that build self-confidence, character and values to improve academic performance and overall attitudes toward school.
This internship is a VIRTUAL position meaning you can do this from ANYWHERE. We will arrange to meet at some point for special events and fundraisers.
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback